AVIC411.com

CNDV-80MT update epic fail on the avic-d3

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My D1 took Memorex and Verbatim burned with Nero. You can run MD5Deep on the ISO file once you download it to verify that it is valid. The values I get from my download are:

East:

d3b6726fc455fcd77736b38c0f222163

8,166,578,176 bytes (right click -> properties)

West:

6cad7ae2479d452043b60cd440d20546

8,518,647,808 bytes

im at my wits end, yet so glad for these forums...

so far though, ive burned damn near $30 in disks trying alcohol, power iso, nero, you name it... unfortunately, i get a write failure every time i try to burn w/ alcohol120...

ive got no nav, have the "please insert appropriate disk" error whenever trying to access my maps.

ive tried so many disks, reset so many darn times.. its frustrating to no end.

fortunately, im able to access my radio & ipod screen, but no nav makes me sad.

ive been reading thru these forums for days now & seems everyone w/ a problem got theirs fixed somehow....any tips, guys?

Hey, how did you get the iPod and radio back after the "insert disc" garbage. I can't figure out how to get back to that or even turn the damn thing off until I can get a good disc to complete the update.

All I've got is this damn thing shining the grey dialog box "insert appropriate disc". Resets, $50 in discs, and nada!

Thanks,

Bryan

Yeah, I've tried that route...so far nothing but more of the same. I may give it a good smashing tomorrow!! Certified POS. Why can't they make the firmware update process simply NOT update, until the disk contents has been verified. What would that cost, like an extra nickel in memory if anything?

• 3 weeks later...

got the burned cd version the other week & it all worked liek a CHARM!!! thansk so much.. really, it all boils down to a good quality burn on the right DVD.

i love the new features...especially the map going negative style when the lights are on... and the muting of music playing for the voice directions.. sweeeet!

well those are normal features that can be turned on or off.... But for those that want the original dvd back i managed to get it to work. Someone said something about switching languages and I did that and it worked!!! But sadly I can not access the information on the cd player. It still plays but when I hit source it goes to the cd a/v menu.

• 4 weeks later...
So, I updated the software using the CNDV-80MT download. the system seemed to update just fine.

After the update the system did not work. the screen says please insert approprate disk. Now nothing works at all. When I load a disk in the system, the system checks it then rejects it.

Any help would be great!

The AVIC-D3 has been tossed in the trash! I now have a AVIC-F90BT. The unit does not need any more of those f-ing disks. I can update the system via SD card now.

• 1 month later...

well what brand DVD did yo use and what software? Thanks,

Andre

got the burned cd version the other week & it all worked liek a CHARM!!! thansk so much.. really, it all boils down to a good quality burn on the right DVD.

i love the new features...especially the map going negative style when the lights are on... and the muting of music playing for the voice directions.. sweeeet!