AVIC411.com

CNDV-80MT update epic fail on the avic-d3

So, I updated the software using the CNDV-80MT download. the system seemed to update just fine.

After the update the system did not work. the screen says please insert approprate disk. Now nothing works at all. When I load a disk in the system, the system checks it then rejects it.

Any help would be great!

The AVIC-D3 has been tossed in the trash! I now have a AVIC-F90BT. The unit does not need any more of those f-ing disks. I can update the system via SD card now.

I'm going back to the D3. I've had a F90BT for 2 weeks and can't stand the boot up times. The back up camera is useless, because it takes so long for it to come up. The D3 is a more polished navigation/audio system than the F-series in my opionion.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, I hate this thing. I have had pretty much the same problem as said above, but with the factory disc! At first, it would not load, but would let me use the radio/ipod. Then, the map eventually started coming up, but I had the problem described with some of the buttons not working (search by address etc.). Now, I tried to change the language, and when it reset, it rejected the factory nav disc, the only disc that has ever been used. Any ideas guys? I am at my wits end here trying to get this thing to work. :evil:

• 2 months later...

I noticed that when I stick in my navigation dvd, it wont read.. it tries to read and then "clicks" and does so maybe 4 or 5 times and then gives up.. but when I put in a music CD, the system automatically restarts as if it were going to update.

If only there was a way to burn maybe a firmware update or just the update from the navigation onto a regular CD and update the navi through there :(

I just upgraded to the CNDV-90MT from the 80MT on my Avic-D3 and is has appeared to correct all the previous issues (clicking and read errors), not to mention that Pioneer actually put the XM / Sirrius icons on this disc.

My D3 is like new again with no read errors and also seems to be starting up a lot quicker. :)

:idea: Maybe if you call and complain to Pioneer they will exchange the 80MT for a 90MT if it was recently purchased... If you bummed it for free... try the 90MT... just a thought. :wink:

I still think the AVIC-D3 with all the options is a better unit than any of the new Pioneer models. :!: