AVIC411.com

HOWTO: add voice guidance mute button

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i'm struggling to apply this mod to my f910. v3.

I've made a backup of my head unit.

I know want to apply this mod but really don't understand the lingo used on the thread.

Could someone post a step by step instruction from start to finish.

I've tried to copy the code form the 1 page in the thread but can't seem to copy it to anything, i can copy ok but when i try and paste the code onto anything the paste is greyed out when i right click.

I don't know where to copy it to.

Also, when i go into my backup of my unit, i can go into

My flash disk>APL2>iGo>data>ui_pioneer800_400 but on my unit i can only get as far as data and then i can't get any further.

I really need some help from some one, i just need a step by step guide.

Thanks, Paul.

• 3 months later...
I must be doing something wrong because i can't get this thing to work.

My f900 has firmware version3.010100.

I've pasted two lines in the ui file, I've copied another ui, other data.zip's... nothing seems to work.

is there anybody who can edit my current ui-file for me?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Try this one. All I did was copy the code from the first page and change the x and y values a little. The bmp should be on the right side about a third of the way up from the bottom.

Take the ui_pioneer folder out of the zip and drop in the apl2 folder. The same place the data.zip goes in. Boot the unit from the IGO exe and see if it boots normally. If it does you can add it to data.zip, If not, report what error you're getting.

Good Luck.

ui_pioneer.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I got all this to work, but now I have a couple cooler buttons I want to use. I have added them in and copied over the data.zip but the avic is still using the first ones I added. How do I get the new ones to work? do I have to delete a user profile file or something?

• 1 year later...

I added a mute button to version 3.1 in navigatemap_800_480.ui but now I get this "system startup in progress" and then a reboot. The code that I put in looks like this:

; ** voice guidance is on, display speaker button

<BUTTON xxx bmp="button_volume.bmp" x=722 y=284 onrelease='run sc_mute_guidance_immediately' onclick='playsound "!button"' visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&!sound.announcer.muted" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

; ** voice guidance is off, display red x on the speaker button

<BUTTON xxx bmp="button_volume_mute.bmp" x=722 y=284 onrelease='run sc_unmute_guidance' onclick='playsound "!button"' visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&sound.announcer.muted" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

How do I fix this? I know that the buttons are there.

• 1 year later...

Same here, newest FW for the F700.

Added:

; ** voice guidance is on, display green button

<BUTTON xxx bmp="746_32K_OM-019_32b.bmp#3" x=720 y=280 onrelease='run sc_mute_guidance_immediately' onclick='playsound "!button"' visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&!sound.announcer.muted" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

; ** voice guidance is off, display red button

<BUTTON xxx bmp="746_32K_OM-018_32b.bmp#3" x=720 y=280 onrelease='run sc_unmute_guidance' onclick='playsound "!button"' visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&sound.announcer.muted" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

to DATA.zip, same issue, unit displays "system startup in progress" and the navigate/map screen will not display.

Hope that anyone can tell what might be wrong. I've done it over and over again and again, no luck.

I quit trying to make it work with updating the DATA.zip file.

Instead I created this folder structure on the device:

APL2/iGo/ui_pioneer/common/ui

APL2/iGo/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui

and put only my modified 'navigatemap_800_480.ui' into the last mentioned folder (APL2/iGo/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui).

This works like a charm!

• 5 months later...

hey guys, i'm wondering if there is a way to get the announcer to mute by default.

i assume i need to throw the call to run sc_mute_guidance_immediately in somewhere in the code... but where?

everything i've seen in this thread is triggered from button presses.

i want to invoke code when the navigation starts.

thanks for reading.