AVIC411.com

So my previous phone (T-Mobile Dash with Windows Mobile 6.0) had issues connecting with my D3's bluetooth. I tried Jetware...nada. My new T-Mobile G1 I thought would have no issues as it's no longer running Windows. Nope. Same thing. Won't connect...connection error...etc. Anyone else have any luck? Both phones worked fine with my wife's OEM Toyota Prius Bluetooth.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a G1 and BT works fine, it's doesn't transfer contacts but I can make calls and recieve them just fine.

you have to first turn on the D3 and put it on BT mode/screen then turn on BT on the G1 it will scan for BT units and find the pioneer BT unit then just select it on the phone and it will ask you for the BT password wich on mine was 0000 (don't know if it's the same for all D3's BT units)

• 3 weeks later...

The transferring of contacts is just a bluetooth profile correct?

So if someone were to figure out how to enable this bluetooth the profile I am assuming the contacts would transfer over correctly.

I just got my G1 and will report back as soon as I have my D3 installed.

The transferring of contacts is just a bluetooth profile correct?

So if someone were to figure out how to enable this bluetooth the profile I am assuming the contacts would transfer over correctly.

If you want this ability then don't get a D3. The D3 has no way to "pull" the contacts to the unit and if the G1 doesn't support sending its contacts over BT then you will never be able to transfer your contacts.

• 2 weeks later...
Not to go off topic but has anyone tried the G1 with the F series? A friend of mine wants to buy my 700 and is considering the G1, it would suck if she got both and it doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

my G1 and F90bt work excellent transfers contacts, voice dialing and auto connects when you turn on BT on the phone and calls are loud and clear definetly much better that on my old D3

Not to go off topic but has anyone tried the G1 with the F series? A friend of mine wants to buy my 700 and is considering the G1, it would suck if she got both and it doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

my G1 and F90bt work excellent transfers contacts, voice dialing and auto connects when you turn on BT on the phone and calls are loud and clear definetly much better that on my old D3

Thanks for the reply, she'll be happy to know that :D

• 3 weeks later...

The G1 cannot transfer contacts because it doesn't support that bluetooth profile.

Anyone experiencing this issue:

So I get in the car the first time and pair it up and start making calls no problem. Address book doesn't transfer but I had a feeling it wouldn't since I remember reading that the G1 only supports the handset/headset profile. So next time I get in the car I assume it would auto-pair and my phone rings but my phone rings instead of my head unit. Is there a reason that the G1 doesn't auto-pair with the head unit and asks me for the passcode everytime. Its just a bit of an annoyance everytime I get in the car to have to type the passcode in for my phone.

• 2 weeks later...