AVIC411.com

Stolen AVIC-N2

I was recently the victim of burglary at my apartment complex. I walked out to go to work and the passenger side window was completely peeled down (laminated glass). The took just the head unit and the entire center bezel of the dash out of my grand cherokee. The idiots forgot to take the brain and just got the bus cable running to it, an ipod adapter, and a sirius sat unit. The y were all under the seat. Unfortunatly the ripped the power cable out of the accessory units and I am not able to use any of them.

The serial for the stolen unit is [size=200][b]EDPG020816UC[/b][/size]
[quote name="Anonymous"]I was recently the victim of burglary at my apartment complex. I walked out to go to work and the passenger side window was completely peeled down (laminated glass). The took just the head unit and the entire center bezel of the dash out of my grand cherokee. The idiots forgot to take the brain and just got the bus cable running to it, an ipod adapter, and a sirius sat unit. The y were all under the seat. Unfortunatly the ripped the power cable out of the accessory units and I am not able to use any of them.

The serial for the stolen unit is [size=200][b]EDPG020816UC[/b][/size][/quote]

I forgot to log in and it listed me as a guest. If anyone has any leads please forward them to me.

Thanks
My isurance company said they didn't receive the payment I sent in two weeks prior and that my coverage had lapsed. So basically I was out 593 for a laminated window, 200 for the dash bezel, and the price of the N2. I traded out of the Grand Cherokee shortly after.
It was direct debit and for some reason it didn't process. Its more my banks fault than anyones I guess. I installed an AVIC-Z1 in my new vehicle last week and I'm just trying to forget it ever happened. This time my insurance is paid full in advance and I've installed a 2 way alarm with glass break sensors to try to prevent the same thing from happening in the future.
  • 1 month later...
I often get calls from dealers looking for odd items like the brain for N1-N2's. The red flag goes up imediatley that the person in front of the dealer is the guilty culprit. I will post information as soon as it happens to help you with the recovery of this unit. Having your serial number is a good thing for postive identification.
  • 4 weeks later...
Like this auction isnt for a stolen unit!!

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140048781965&ih=004&category=79834&rd=1&ssPageName=mem_guide:1]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... em_guide:1[/url]

No Faceplate, front of unit does not attach properly (most likely trying to be pried out of dashboard) no brain, etc.
this may be stupid....but every serial isnt registered with pioneer and trackable through the gps is it? meaning if someone hooked up your unit someone could track it and ifnd where the person was?

im pretty sure i know the answer is no...but its nice to hope. i live in a sketchy area and im scared of this same thing happening.
  • 5 months later...
why dosent pioneer and alpine just put a manual key lock, like a deadbolt on the deck behind the faceplate that way only authorized dealers are issued one so no one can steal, they would need an electric drill to get it out. and make a database stime someone needs a part the enter the serial # or history of unit, its not hard to make a web based database
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I would prefer that they just give each unit a security code that must be entered each time power is lost. They would keep the code on file and require you to call in and prove that you are the registered owner if you ever lost the code.

It makes no sense to me why they don't do this.
then drag it more i will.

Pioneer doesnt give a crap if you guys get jacked. adding any security features would only cause headaches for all us installers evertime that we unplug the unit.

it sux u got jacked but thats what insurance is for. especialy living in an appartment complex you should have seen this coming

awesome that u got a z1 now but tell me this do you still live there? do you park it in the same lot? the theif will never forget your car and most theives know that if you get something stolen then youl just replace it.

purchase a shotgun