AVIC411.com

MAP DIRECTION

The direction your going always up in 2d mode? Are you f'in insane? Who would want such a feature? Oh yeah just about everyone, huh too bad the guys who do the navigation for this thing doesn't realize that. I guess moving the map around instead of the icon is too much work, overload for the unit? Oh yeah it does that in 3d mode so perhaps not?

The direction your going always up in 2d mode?

Yes . .to me it is much easier for orientation . . for example . . the street that you are looking for is on your left hand side and will be on left hand side of your screen . .and opposite . . it is much easier to have a compass in your mind than driving forward and having your arrow moving down!?

At least it is easier for me . .

Sometimes I think there is an engineer at Pioneer who is taking kickbacks from Kenwood, etc. How else could you possibly release something with these kind of omissions?

I'm glad I have been reading this forum. I was ready to purchase one of the F series when I found out:

- No map orientation choice (as was stated here)

- Poor display on Sirius (I expect channel, artist, and song simultaneously)

- Bluetooth reliability

Jack

I think this issue is probably going to keep me from buying the unit. However, I'm thinking about waiting until the update comes out before making a decision in hopes that they add the 2D Track Up view. Is this just wishful thinking? I'm wondering if this is the kind of thing they could change with an update or if it would be more complicated than they would want to do.

I went ahead and bought the F90bt. I was worried about the no 2D direction up, but the 3D view works just aswell as the 2D mode you can't really tell.

It's a shame that this is such a big issue, but 3D works really well.

I'll fully admit that I've only demoed the unit at Circuit City, however, in the little time that I spent testing the F90BT I could see that the 3D mode had it's flaws. For one, you don't get as much information/detail in 3D mode as compared to 2D. In 2D mode I could see many more names of streets than in 3D mode. The other issue is that the device will not allow you to zoom out very far while in 3D mode compared to that of 2D mode. This bothers me becuase when I'm driving any considerable distance (which I do every day), I want to be able to zoom out a bit to get an idea of where I am in relation to where I'm going. In addition, I found that when I did zoom all the way out in 3D mode (which isn't very much), the map gets jagged on the edges. As I've mentioned before, I can not believe they left this mode out; this was a HUGE blunder.

What I feel about the map views is that when in 2D view while driving having it view north all the time is ok. It's like looking at maps.live.com. This is great because it's easier to remember when looking there and at the unit.

While in 3D mode there are tons of options to configure it. You can stop the zooming, you can adjust the quality. Then you can mod it all even further if you so choose.

I don't think you will be disapointed.

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent hours searching these forums but they've gotten so big I just can't find an answer to this question... With my D3, I could drive in small circles and the vehicle indicator on the map always displayed, in real time, the direction the vehicle was facing. Since installing the F90BT in my F-150, I'll back out of my driveway and can actually get 75-100 feet down the road before the vehicle direction may be properly displayed on the map. Is this a flaw or am I missing a setting somewhere?