AVIC411.com

Kenwood DDX forum?

[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]I'm trying to decide what I want, is there a forum for the Kenwood DDX-series, i.e. DDX6019?
I'm really curious how their iPod interface works, but don't really want to drop the $800+ unless the iPod interface is pretty decent.[/quote]

NO kenwood's ipod interface actually gives pioneer a run for it's money as far as who's got the worst interface.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="cntrylvr79"] [quote name="GnatGoSplat"]I'm trying to decide what I want, is there a forum for the Kenwood DDX-series, i.e. DDX6019?
I'm really curious how their iPod interface works, but don't really want to drop the $800+ unless the iPod interface is pretty decent.[/quote]

NO kenwood's ipod interface actually gives pioneer a run for it's money as far as who's got the worst interface.[/quote]

Hmmm... the Z1, the N3, and the 5700DVD :roll: all of which came out withing the past 8 months. It's about time Pioneer got on the ball with that... maybe you remember how AWESOME pioneers interface was before that. The ip500/kenwood combo dominated up until recently. So, unless GnatGoSplat is speaking of one of these 3 pioneer units..... your coment can be VERY misleading!

I do not mean to talk down the Z1 in any way (being that I purchased IT over the 6019). But, you should read up on the 6019's features. Kenwood incorporated the USB interface that they had on their single din excellon heads into the new 6019. This in combination with AC drive allows for pretty good control of the iPod. Of course, you have to open up PhatNoise after working in iTunes to catalog every newly added file. Whats even better is that this is not limited to iPods only. Any form of USB storage can be utilized. Think about how nice it would be to interface a 300GB USB hard drive to your Z1.... the 6019 can do it!

I have installed 2 Z1's now (plus my own), and 8 or so 6019's..... I'd say as far as NAV, user interface, graphics, and features go... the Z1 takes it.

However... as for sound quality, audio set up options, and boot up time... I miss my kenwood :cry: . Also... the 6019's bluetooth interface is far superior in function/SQ to the Z1's!

This is my FIRST Pioneer out of 5 Kenwoods, and 2 Alpines.... in the same car. Never thought I'd join the dark side, but Pioneer won me over on this one. However, judging from some of the new/upcoming products @ my last Kenwood meeting..... I might be getting rid of my Z1 soon for some new excellon equipment. :lol:

Of course, you work at BB so you most likely are not familiar with the eXcelon and Premier lines that Pioneer and Kenwood have to offer.
Actually Yes I am familiar with the higher end of pioneer and keenwood. Just because I work for the big blue hellhole doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of shops in the area that sell that stuff. For some reason we have the lowest install rates, so a lot of people buy the stuff from the mom and pop shops and come to us to have it put in. Whatever I'm done jacking the thread.
Oh yeah, I was talking about Kenwood's DDX vs. the old Pioneer iPod interface like the AVIC-D1/D2 have. Also, does the DDX6019 have an improved iPod interface over the 8017, 7017, or 7015? I really couldn't care less about 6.5" vs. 7" screen, they're close enough for me.

What's this about DDX6019 and USB? I was only needing an iPod interface to get a HD-based "jukebox" into my car. I don't need it to be portable, so I couldn't care less if it's an iPod or a USB hard drive. A USB hard drive would be much cheaper and stores more. I downloaded the DDX6019 manual, no mention of USB or a USB port. Is this some kind of add-on? I've searched for it and haven't hit on anything yet.

I know the Alpine IVA-W200 has an available USB add-on, but the add-on costs more than an iPod. I love the Alpine, but it's about $300 more than the DDX6019.
  • 10 months later...