AVIC411.com

DVD Mp3 playback

[quote name="MrRedneck"]Hey , I am goin to be buying the AVIC Z1, i have searched this board but could not find one thing, how is it for playing MP3's that are burnt onto a DVD, i use Nero to burn everything, thanks ahead of time.[/quote]

I tried a DVD with over 100 MP3's on it. The Z1 played it just fine.
I guess I should quit posting at 2:30 in the morning. I screwed up thinking that I had burned a DVD data disk and instead had burned a CD data disk.

Sorry to have some people have a shit fit about it.

Honest mistake.

Probably no consolation. but the CD does work just fine. The player recognizes the CD with well over 100 songs on it.
[quote name="attilas"]I guess I should quit posting at 2:30 in the morning. I screwed up thinking that I had burned a DVD data disk and instead had burned a CD data disk.

Honest mistake.

Probably no consolation. but the CD does work just fine. The player recognizes the CD with well over 100 songs on it.[/quote]

So a data cdr works fine? what did u use to burn? does it transfer (with song titles etc) to the HD fine?
[quote name="timbo4656"] [quote name="attilas"]I guess I should quit posting at 2:30 in the morning. I screwed up thinking that I had burned a DVD data disk and instead had burned a CD data disk.

Honest mistake.

Probably no consolation. but the CD does work just fine. The player recognizes the CD with well over 100 songs on it.[/quote]

So a data cdr works fine? what did u use to burn? does it transfer (with song titles etc) to the HD fine?[/quote]

I used Nero to burn a CD data disk. Just dragged the files (MP3's) from my hard drive. The ID tags were read just fine. I always clean up my ID tags so that they display the correct info. The display of the unit lists the track numbers with the file names, whereas as the top of the display lists the artist & song from the ID tag.
i had tried a few times to make an mp3 cd that would play on teh z1 and failed. I found my mistake, i was using the multisession format which wont work. i never even noticed that before because its automatically checked. I had to uncheck it. now it works fine. you can put about 8-12 albums on 1 disc. and its very easy to search from album to album , better than the ipod.