AVIC411.com

JVC- NX7000 help

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, know this isn't an answer to your question, but how do you like your NX7000? I've been thinking between this one and the avic-z3 - how's the NAV and voice navigation - does voice sound good or "computer" like? anything bad you don't like??? thanks!!

You nailed one of my biggest gripes with this unit... the one (yes, only one) TTS voice sucks. Mangles words like a drunk teenager. And why only one voice? Who heard of a nav unit with only one voice option?

It has a few other quirks (as do all nav units) but overall is a decent enough unit. And it has one feature no other DD nav has--the detachable faceplate :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey for what its worth I stuck a 16 gig SDHC card in this radio and its working fine.. it takes a while to index but I can live with that.

In the manual, on the box, and in advertising it says its only an SD slot and I haven't found any info anywhere saying it can handle SDHC so I never tried it until now.. and yea it works.

I assume you could go ahead and run 32 gig SDHC cards in it too.

Also JVC has an update out now for this radio. It is supposed to fix some of the more common problems. I downloaded and installed it this morning using a blank 2 gig sd card (as per the instructions). It works and is displaying the new software version as expected.

Here is the update link: http://www.jvc.co.jp/english/car/sup...000/index.html

Hope it helps!

I doubt its worth uploading a video after pipspeaks review.. I concur that her voice is fine going thru the stock phrases but when it hits text to speech all bets are off. I mean you will understand what she is saying most of the time but yea.. think "microsoft mary"

• 3 weeks later...

Also JVC has an update out now for this radio. It is supposed to fix some of the more common problems. I downloaded and installed it this morning using a blank 2 gig sd card (as per the instructions). It works and is displaying the new software version as expected.

Here is the update link: http://www.jvc.co.jp/english/car/sup...000/index.html

Hope it helps!

I doubt its worth uploading a video after pipspeaks review.. I concur that her voice is fine going thru the stock phrases but when it hits text to speech all bets are off. I mean you will understand what she is saying most of the time but yea.. think "microsoft mary"

Hi Aaron385,

I have a couple of issues, nothing major but I was wondering if you had the same.

Navigation related problems:

1- In navigation mode, the speed limit doesn’t show-up on the screen and speed alert warning doesn’t work. I have properly configured them in the setting pages to have them work.

2- Entering an address starting by street name then by city, doesn’t ask for the door number. If I start with city, street, then I have the door number available. My example was 175 Route 393 South, La Sarre, Quebec.

Bluetooth related problems:

1- The phone status box doesn’t show my battery level and signal strength. My phone has the capability of transferring that information since I had these info with a Pioneer F900BT. (phone is Samsung BlackJack II)

2- In navigation mode, when I’m receiving a call, the call message box appears on the display for few seconds for me to pick-up the call and this is fine. The screen sensor makes this box disappear but when I approach my hand to the screen, the call massage box doesn’t reappear. The only way I can hang-up the phone is by using my phone or the JVC remote control.

Information from the unit

Model : KW-NX7000(J)

Software : 1.2.6.0

Map: 0.9.8.0

Voice : 0.9.8.0

KS-BTA200

Firmware : HW200-SW192

Can you please check if you have the same problems and also see if you have the same map & voice version than me?

Thanks for all,

Charles

• 1 month later...

I've had the NX-7000 installed for a couple of months, and generally I'm pretty happy with it. The user interface is poor, but once you get used to the screwy design and on-screen buttons that don't look like buttons, it works well.

The only major problem I'm having is with Bluetooth. Pairing the first phone works great (once I figured out the overly complicated menus). BUT...it won't let me pair a second phone. Once the first phone is paired, all pairing menu options are greyed out ("Search" and "Open"), thereby preventing any further phones from being paired. I first need to unpair the first phone before I can pair the second one.

JVC Support was unhelpful. They claimed that only a single phone can be paired, even though the manual states that "up to 5 devices can be paired". They couldn't explain to me why the unit has an option to change set the priority of bluetooth devices (i.e. "why does it ask you to set the priority of multiple devices if it only allows a single device to pair?). Their attitude was basically: "hey, you got a single phone to work, leave us alone..."

Does anyone have multiple phones paired to their JVC NX-7000? If it makes a difference, I'm trying this with 2 iPhones.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
can anyone tell me what the max size sd card (8gb 16gb etc) can take for the sd slot for music etc. thanks in advance

My deck will only READ upto 16gb, but will accept larger devices via SD an USB.. Ive read other people having luck with large external HDD via USB (I tried a 120gb and 250gb USB HDD.. I was only able to read the first 16gb of both drives)

Does anyone have multiple phones paired to their JVC NX-7000? If it makes a difference, I'm trying this with 2 iPhones.

I had 2 phones paired with the device.. Samung and Windows Mobile phone.. Only ONE can be ACTIVELY paired at a time tho.

This works like this.. Device A is #1 and Device B is #2.. When both are in the car, A will pair. If A leaves and B stays, it will pair to B.. If A returns while B is paired, then it will pair to A..

Bluetooth related problems:

1- The phone status box doesn’t show my battery level and signal strength. My phone has the capability of transferring that information since I had these info with a Pioneer F900BT. (phone is Samsung BlackJack II)

2- In navigation mode, when I’m receiving a call, the call message box appears on the display for few seconds for me to pick-up the call and this is fine. The screen sensor makes this box disappear but when I approach my hand to the screen, the call massage box doesn’t reappear. The only way I can hang-up the phone is by using my phone or the JVC remote control.

1 - the deck does display this information. It will be in the large rectangle box at the left side of the screen. There will be a BT icon, signal strength and battery life meter (above the signal strength meter for sat/hd radio)

2 - There are only 3 ways to end a call that im aware of. 1-use remote to hang up. 2-use phone to hang up. 3-other party hangs up (sometimes still have to use phone or remote).. Also the deck non-response to touch commands while on a call

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I also found some of these similar issues quite frustrating. I wish I could just touch the screen to end the call. Perhaps the blue box on the screen that says "Talking..." during a handsfree call?

Also, I can't for the life of me get the "Bluetooth Audio" to work with my Blackberry 8130 Pearl. It will connect, I can switch songs, play, pause, stop, basically control the phone's media player, but it won't play any sound at all. And, if I make a handsfree call while in Bluetooth Audio mode, the phone won't let me select the JVC UNIT as an audio output selection after the call, displaying "Action cancelled by user" on the screen of the phone.

Anyone else ever successfully gotten their phone to be a Bluetooth Audio device? (Either the built-in media player or something like Pandora or Lastfm or Slacker Radio?)