AVIC411.com

Version 2.0 is LIVE!

Anyone happen to know if they made it pause your ipod/iphone when you get phone calls now? This is a real annoyance for me, as I like to listen to audiobooks. If I get a call there is no way to pause it, since the call menu pops up in front of the ipod "buttons" :roll: means I have to rewind back to where I was each time.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone happen to know if they made it pause your ipod/iphone when you get phone calls now? This is a real annoyance for me, as I like to listen to audiobooks. If I get a call there is no way to pause it, since the call menu pops up in front of the ipod "buttons" :roll: means I have to rewind back to where I was each time.

x2

What's the deal on the software bypass? Someone on the last page said that it's not working for them, but another person said that it is?

Exactly what I was wondering. Also, I'm a little confused - what is the difference between the software bypass and the hardware bypass? The hardware bypass allows you to watch video (among other things) while in motion, correct?

The software bypass DOES work. I did it yesterday, ony day after applying the 2.0 update. For those of you who are having problems... did you ground the parking brake? or at least, are you applying the brake just enough to make the "brake" light come on but not all the way (as to actually engage the brake). Either one of those two is necessary to get the bypass to work. The modification you make to the value (from 16 to 128) is only to raise the speed threshold upon which the AVIC will determine that the car is moving and give you the nasty warning. But the mechanism combines speed sensing and parking brake status. I hope this clarifies it for those people who still had doubts. Good luck!

For those who like to drive fast, 256.0 works as well... It probably can go ршпрукбь but if you are watching videos at 256/1.6=160 Mph you probably should ont be driving anyway :)

Completely OT, but also completely agreed! At that point, though, the software engineer in me wants to know if they typed the 'current speed' variable using an 8-bit unsigned integer (meaning an integer between 0 and 255 inclusive). I'm not quite willing to go above ~160 to find out. Maybe someday I will (on a track, of course), though anything above 130mph gets my nerves really on end. In the unlikely event that I do, I'll let everyone here know what the resulting speed read via GPS is.

Has anyone tried values larger than 256? I've used the hardware bypass, so it's not up to me to tell.

The pioneer.ini file was there and so was the =16 on the parking brake line. I changed mine to 256, but if it is an unsigned integer, then I should back that off to 255.

Secondly... I tried the fix to add the button to turn the voice nav on/off and it failed. I originally used his entire data.zip file, but this time, worried that there might be some updates to the code in the data.zip file, I just inserted the lines for the voice nav on/off and the lines to change the compass to a 'cancel route' button. Neither worked.

Here's my question... has anyone check to see if functionality is impared if we use the data.zip file we modified from the pre 2.0 version???

Completely OT, but also completely agreed! At that point, though, the software engineer in me wants to know if they typed the 'current speed' variable using an 8-bit unsigned integer (meaning an integer between 0 and 255 inclusive). ...

I think I've read of somone using 300 there, but the fact that the original value is entered as 16.0 not just 16 suggests to me that it is not an integer, but probably a float...

Contact names remained unchanged for me and no additions of "mobile" "home" etc.. I also cleared the memory on the unit then transfered the phone book again, but no change... BTW I am AT&T w/ Motarola V3xx

I was really hoping this would be fixed

The reason all of your contact info is not going over is because only the "Primary" number (AVIC calls this "General") is sent over by the phone. A way to fix this is to change how your phonebook is organized. Instead of having 3 numbers for John Smith in one contact name. Have one as John Smith Home, one as John Smith Mobile and one as John Smith Work. I realize this is a PITA, but will get you going untill you can get a new phone. BTW, I have the same phone and went through the same PITA.