AVIC411.com

Quick install Q - '03 Infiniti G35 sedan & F90BT

Hey guys,

I'm hoping I can get a quick answer to this question as I'm looking to try and make my install happen tomorrow (I'm going to do it).

I am installing the F90BT head unit along with external connected HD radio and XM radio tuners. I have done a lot of investigation and homework as far as wiring etc. - but in looking over the harnesses and wiring I have here, only a couple of them confuse me.

One is coming from the Pioneer head unit and is Blue/white in color and labeled "System Remote Control". The way it is described in the Installation manual is as follows:

"To system control terminal of the power amp

(max. 300 mA 12 V DC)."

MY QUESTION - will there be an appropriate wire in the harness to connect this to when I pull out the OEM head unit? There is a Blue white wire in the aftermarket Nissan harness I purchased, but it says to connect it to the "Amplifier Turn-on". Do these connect to each other?

Also, as I understand, the "Car Speed Signal Input" wire on the Pioneer harness should connect to a Green/White wire in the G's harness correct? (VSS wire)

Any help anyone could give me on these 2 points would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Kevin

Yes, that is the amp/power antenna turn on wire. Connect blue/white to blue/white.

G35 is not a simple install for a rookie. Do you have the whole dash kit that replaces your climate controls etc? You're in for a dissapointment if you think a double DIN is a factory bolt in replacement without the kit.

Iromoda,

Thanks for the info. Yep, I have done a ton of research and know that this will be a pretty involved install. I have done some A/V stuff that will help me out for sure, but I was mainly confused as to that one wire. I'm hoping the rest of it goes smoothly - this new update has me jonesing to try this unit out!

Thanks again!

Kevin

just to add to this. This is a PITA install. I have a G35 (2003 sedan) and it came with the Bose radio system. I did the head unit in there only because it died. And I had to replace it. I did all the pre wiring before hand with the wire harness and the console that needs to be replaced. I didn't have to change any speakers or add any amps, cause that was done already. It still took me about 8 hours to get everything together. The console is a PITA to take apart and put back. Cause EVERYTHING pretty much needs to come off. I am sure you may have video and guides to help, and it will. Just know it kind of sucks a lot and take your time. Seriously, don't rush it cause its easy to break stuff or lose a screw. TEST your radio with the car fully on. So you can check for alternator wine. That wonderful wining sound as you hit the gas. Before you seal up everything. That and a cable I forgot to run is what cost me the most time. Doing that work again after putting it together was the worst.

So take your time, and really double check everything before you put everything back together again :D

Got this done yesterday - yaaaay!

blazeplacid and djphat2000 - you were BOTH right!

It wasn't all that bad by doing a ton of research and studying beforehand, but it was nonetheless really time-consuming! Total time of about 9 hours or so, but I am very pleased witht the result, and all went perfectly the first time.

dj, I DEFINITELY made sure I powered up and that all elements were working well before putting it all back in. I still need to get a hold of the antenna splitter, but I connected the antenna to the back of the head unit and have the open end of the splitter easily accessable in the lower center column to connect to the HD tuner (which is in the center armrest portion of the dash way back by the storage compartment) when it arrives - I didn't want to have to remove the head unit again!

All in all, a great install experience; now if I could figure out this 2.0update file, I'd be all set!!

Cheers,

Kevin