AVIC411.com

"Please insert appropriate disk" solutions??!!

Whenever I switch discs to a newer version, it will display that message for a little while - 10 seconds maybe. Then it will reboot and upgrade. If I've upgraded and I put in an older disc, it will have that message. Make sure you're using a disc as new or newer than you've previously used in the unit.

Mine upgraded OK used it for half a day--then it died.

Before the upgrade the drive was making a loud clicking noise and it seemed to get worse.

Finally after upgrading and using the vehicle for a while it just displayed that message. Now with the new disk it displays that error message.

Wow... I'm no expert on this kind of thing but it sounds like maybe the disc you burned was bad and it somehow caused damage to the unit. I'd try going back to whatever you had before that and pressing the reset button to see if you can get it to downgrade or something. I can't really say more than that what might be happening.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having serious problems with these updated discs as well. Worked great at first. Now not so much at all. It was a mistake to even bother with them. I will not be recommending them to anyone.

On a side note, I was trying to perform the downgrade.... and after I release the eject button (after the release reset button alert is displayed), entering the code does nothing for me. I type it in and nothing. Hints?

I'm in the same boat. After I upgraded my D2, everything was great, but after a week or so it stopped showing a map at any resolution greater than .5 miles, which makes it basically useless. I'd be happy to downgrade, but I don't know the procedure - can anyone help out?