AVIC411.com

F-Series XM Modding/Icons

I have found the folder for all XM icons/Category Graphics in My Flash Disk/Data/XM/... Not very hard to find, lol. They have changed quite a few of the channels up lately, so I figured it would be a good time to start looking into getting these icons updated.

Will post up any work I do on any new icons.

This may (or may not if it's already been covered elsewhere :)) help... I had made changes to some logos on my D1 and the F series files look the same. There we some channel logos I wasn't able to add and some I did change/add so I apparently didn't have the whole thing figured out completely but this is what I determined:

The IMAGETBL.DAT file contains pointers to the logos. There are 20 bytes per channel, the 1st byte is the logo pointer, the 2nd is the number of characters in the channel name, the 3rd is the channel number and the 4th through the 20th are the channel name (spaces are "20", null characters are "00"). The categories are at the end of the file and follow the same structure.

Tom

Thanks, I had most of the bits figured out, except for the middle one for the number of characters in the channel's name. Now I'm just going to wait until the channel line ups are all changed for XM. The rumor is somewhere around November 17th, all Sirius and XM MUSIC channels will be merged into one lineup. Most of XM's music looks like they will be scrapped. There's more info on XMFan.com.

For now, I'll experiment with the Imagetbl.dat file in Winhex.

As a test I successfully added new logos to my F900 for channels 24 & 161 by changing the channel name text, changing the second byte to the new character count and placing new logos in their respective folders (with the same name as the original logos).

I was then going to add a logo for channel 100 and ran into an issue so now I'm not sure what the 3rd byte represents (in most cases it agrees with the channel number). Look at "Air Musique"... It's logo pointer is dec 100 (hex 64), the third byte is dec 100 but the actual channel number is dec 96.

Does anyone know for certain what is the structure of the IMAGETBL.DAT file?

At least with the F series vs the D series we don't have to edit an iso file and burn a DVD to test changes :)

Tom

• 3 months later...

I have XM, have the station logos in the flash directory (I suppose these are the standard setup), yet when I go to any station, it just shows the generic satellite image. I haven't done any mods to XM, so any idea why the station logos do not show? Category logos seem fine.

I have the GEX-P920XM installed.

Ceger