AVIC411.com

I have both an iPod Classic (120 gig) and an iPod Touch (2nd gen) connected to my F700bt via Apple's A/V cable. I actually have issues with both - when I play video through the iPod Classic, it will cut out and stop after about 4 minutes. On the iPod touch, my album art is still terrible. Does anyone else have similar problems and have found solutions? Thanks a lot.

Interested to see what is said. I to have issues using my itouch (latest gen) with the new update installed. Sems to cut out right around 3-4 minutes and then reboot system.

I read in another post that restoring the factory settings after the update helped, but havent tried that yet and dont know what gen ipod they had..

Hope some smart avic person responds, because i'm clueless and missing using my touch :shock:

• 8 months later...

I have a 120GB ipod classic, the video on this IPOD also crashes between 6-10 min. after this if I look at the IPOD it just shows the standard screen, no longer displayes Pioneer etc, I also have a 8gb nano, I have not tried the video yet but this occationally crashes aswell!

Any one got a fix for this yet?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 1st gen touch with update, f700bt with 2.0 firmware, when I connect to the usb port with apple a/v cable I can control my ipod see the music but hear nothing! I give up

you have to go to av settings or av sounds( forgot which one) and change input one to ipod.

does anyones ipod work correctly. My ipod 5th gen video wont connect to the unit sometimes after i start the car. I would have to unplug and plug it back in for it to work. This is after the 3.0 update. 3 yrs and pioneer could not fix this issue? Anyone have a generation ipod that doesnt have this probleM? Im thinking of selling mine and getting one that actually works with the unit correctly

does anyones ipod work correctly. My ipod 5th gen video wont connect to the unit sometimes after i start the car. I would have to unplug and plug it back in for it to work. This is after the 3.0 update. 3 yrs and pioneer could not fix this issue? Anyone have a generation ipod that doesnt have this probleM? Im thinking of selling mine and getting one that actually works with the unit correctly

I have the same problem with my 80GB 5th gen, really disappointed to hear it still happens with 3.0

My ipod firmware is up to date and I am using the Pioneer cables. Wonder what else we could try?

Do you have this problem if you connect the iPod after system startup, or only when you start the car/boot the system with the ipod already attached?

I originally had an 80gb iPod and everything worked perfectly (videos would play throughout with no crashing). With everything working properly I started to gather more movies onto the iPod which made me upgrade to a 160gb iPod. That's when the crashing 4-5 minutes into a movie started. This weekend I transfered all of my movies back to the 80gb iPod and everything worked perfectly with no crashing. So I am coming to the conclusion that it has to have something to do with the newer 120gb and 160gb iPods and the Pioneer unit because going back to the 80gb iPod made the movies that would not play on the 160gb iPod play perfectly.

I have the same problem with my 80GB 5th gen, really disappointed to hear it still happens with 3.0

My ipod firmware is up to date and I am using the Pioneer cables. Wonder what else we could try?

Do you have this problem if you connect the iPod after system startup, or only when you start the car/boot the system with the ipod already attached?

only have the problem when i start the car. when i disconnect and reconnect its fine. however, lately my right speaker has been cutting off and making noises when i change tracks. I heard this is a common problem. What a crappy system my f700 is. I now have to revert to burning mp3 cds

only have the problem when i start the car. when i disconnect and reconnect its fine. however, lately my right speaker has been cutting off and making noises when i change tracks. I heard this is a common problem. What a crappy system my f700 is. I now have to revert to burning mp3 cds

Just because some people have issues, does not mean the unit is a POS< or that all units do it.

I have an F700 that's hooked to a 60GB 5th gen Ipod that gets played every day without any issues whatsoever.

The usual culprits are in descending order of popularity:

Bad cable in regards to the RCA jacks

Bad cable in regards to the dock connector

Bad connector on the ipod/iphone dock connector

Bad internal connector on the AVIC for the header that the RCA jacks go in to.

Ms. Brat,

This is a little off topic, but I can't believe some of the crap I read in this forum, calling the F700 a POS. I've been reading a few of your posts and you have a very good head on your shoulders. I've even seen the few times that you've actually bit your tongue with a few of these whining babies.

I'm with you... There are a few minor nuances, but overall, the value of this unit can't be beat. I've had very little trouble with mine... And I mean VERY little.

Keep your chin high as always...

Mitch