AVIC411.com

FAQ: General F-Series Questions :: READ BEFORE POSTING!

This topic will have frequently asked questions and answers about everything that has to do with modifying the F-Series. If you have something to add, reply to this post and the index will be updated.

LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING!

To search the contents of this page, hold down the CONTROL key (Windows) or COMMAND key (Mac) on your keyboard and press "F". Then type in the main word for what you're looking for (IE, hack, navigation, ipod, bluetooth, etc.) and that word will be highlighted every time it occurs below.

Index

1. Frequently Asked Questions:

a. General Frequently Asked Questions

b. Problem/Troubleshooting Frequently Asked Questions

c. Hack & Modification Frequently Asked Questions

2. Modifications

a. Completed Modifications

b. In-Progress Modifications

c. Requested Modifications

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I use a Pioneer CD Changer with the F-Series?

A. No, the F-Series does not support the IP-Bus protocol for CD Changers, so it's not possible to control a Pioneer changer from the interface of the F-Series. Click here for more information.

Q. What wireless remote control can I use with my F-XXXBT?

A. The F-Series units do not have an infrared receiver, however PAC audio has the WRI-P which will add this capability to the wired input and allow you to use the various Pioneer remotes with the unit. You can also use Sony's RM-X4S wired remote with the F series.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=30328

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=30574

If your vehicle has steering wheel mounted controls you can use a wired adapter from one of many aftermarket companies to connect those controls to your F-Series. Click here for more information.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
New to it all. Am i to understand that the f700 will not play dvds...However after a software modification it will play video files via an ipod, flash drive or usb....? someone clue my helpless self in. thanks

It will play off a ipod, usb or sd without modification. But, you need to modify hardware or software to bypass a safety feature for viewing while in motion.

• 2 months later...

i have a question i own an f900 bt with Europe area pre-sets

i have found in pioneer site a firmware update v.3 for f910 bt

the two machines look to be the same except from small details.

if i try to update my f900 with the update given for f 910 does anyone know if it is going to work properly?

or if it is going to mess up f 900?

thanks for any help

i must say that the update given is for europe regional area as my f900 is

i have a question i own an f900 bt with Europe area pre-sets

i have found in pioneer site a firmware update v.3 for f910 bt

the two machines look to be the same except from small details.

if i try to update my f900 with the update given for f 910 does anyone know if it is going to work properly?

or if it is going to mess up f 900?

thanks for any help

i must say that the update given is for europe regional area as my f900 is

anyone that can help please? i also must add that reading insight the data zip i found that it mentions the f 900 bt in its catalogue but i am not quite sure what to do i am experience with hacking and changing the avic i really need some help here afraid that i might destroy navigator

• 6 months later...

If your vehicle has steering wheel mounted controls you can use a wired adapter from one of many aftermarket companies to connect those controls to your F-Series. Click here for more information.

am I missing something or does that link take you to a page about different phones and the bluetooth? If someone could post the link to the page about the steering wheel controls or let me know what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it. Thanks

so just to make sure I did my homework properly, to install my F7010BT in an 03 suburban with boes and steering wheel controls in order to get the steering wheel controls to work I need to buy a PAC SWI-PS? I'm told I also have to get another wiring harness to keep the door chim and onstar, but I don't care about the door chim and don't pay for onstar so it not working isn't a problem. That said, my local installer said that to even get the boes speakers to play music I have to have that extra wiring harness. Is this true?

so just to make sure I did my homework properly, to install my F7010BT in an 03 suburban with boes and steering wheel controls in order to get the steering wheel controls to work I need to buy a PAC SWI-PS? I'm told I also have to get another wiring harness to keep the door chim and onstar, but I don't care about the door chim and don't pay for onstar so it not working isn't a problem. That said, my local installer said that to even get the boes speakers to play music I have to have that extra wiring harness. Is this true?

yes it is true, i have an 05 yukon and i bought the metra axxcess harness with onstar...even though i dont use onstar....but this helped me enable using the bose system with the avic otherwise you have to tap into the speaker wires(which is a pain the ass to find....and yes the pac swi-ps also enables you to use the steering wheel controls to control the avic

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...