AVIC411.com

My N3 suddenly dropped the audio a couple of weeks ago. I only use it for nav, FM radio and back-up camera, but now there is no audio for the FM or nav voice guidance.

Changing the volume settings with the radio source selected shows the volume numbers increasing/decreasing, but there is no sound from the speakers.

I pulled the head unit and checked the connections to make sure they were plugged in properly. Any ideas before I sent it back to Pioneer? Could it be a plug on the brain isn't connected?

regards

~Marc

I checked out my N3 again and couldn't find any reason for the audio to not work so I dropped it off at Pioneer this morning. We'll see what they say. It was just in for the $200 repair a little over 3 months ago, so they should cover this, even though they only give 90 days on repairs.

At least they were friendly about it.

regards

~Marc

• 1 month later...
How'd that work out?

Well, it was very educational to say the least. It turned out that one of the speaker wires was pinched between the door panel and the speaker frame. It was shorted to ground, and that took down all audio output, for left and right speakers, plus the pre-outs. As soon as we corrected the short, the audio worked normally.

But, I still haven't got the system to initialize and navigate in 3D since it was reinstalled. I really need to correct the brain installation as it's just sitting there without being firmly mounted. That's why I was looking for an installer in the area who might be able to take on a job like this. I expect we'll have to fab up some kind of bracket to hold the brain behind the dash. It won't fit under the seats of this truck.

regards

~Marc