AVIC411.com

so f90bt w/ 2.0 update, is it woth it now?

f90bt worth it now that 2.0 is out?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. f90bt worth it now that 2.0 is out?

• oh yeah!
    • still no

i've been watching this board for the last few months and the problems people have been having with these units (slow boot time, etc.) for awhile it seemed like the general consensus was that for the cost vs. problems it just wasn't worth it. now from what i read it sounds like 2.0 is making them work a lot better, and i'm just wondering from the folks that have them w/ 2.0, do you feel it's worth it now? if it is finally as good as it sounds with the new update then i think i'll take the dive and pick one up for my car :)

feedback?

The update was really a big improvement. I had a Kenwood DNX5120 that I replaced with my F90BT. The Kenwood was nice but for me I like the features of the Pioneer better.

that's good to hear because i know people were talking about getting rid of their avic f's and going to kenwoods, so i'm glad to hear you're happy :)

i'm glad to hear the problemns seem to be sorted because i relly want one of these units but i really didn't want to pay the money and then end up with something i'm not happy with :(

Yes the f series is worth it now. It's so great now with the bug fixes of 2.0 that it just becomes apart of your daily life, you take it for granted.

when something is very buggy it ruins that. YOu sit there and get annoyed by the issues. Doesn't matter how many features or options it has.

Boot up time is perhaps so much better that you don't even realize its not instant now I guess is the only way to describe it. 30 seconds to map access and sound, and 1 min 40 seconds to complete boot up with bluetooth.

I was happy with my 900BT pre 2.0 also. But after the update I like it even more. I'm not having any dropped iPod issues like some people say they are, and Bluetooth works great. Voice recognition works great on both iPod and Bluetooth. And for the price you can get them at now....come on.....

Post 2.0, I love my unit. My biggest gripes are gone. Pre-2.0, the one thing that made me very happy I bought this unit was the community. Have you read the crazy stuff people are doing in the hack/mods forum? It's insane. I added a few tweaks to my system that have made it much more user friendly.

there are still issues... ones that need to be fixed... especially the bt phone... there is a fix though (not updating the bt, or if you buy the unit with 2.0 you can downgrade it) but that is not something on pioneers side, but on parrots... they need to fix the compatability between the unit and phone.