AVIC411.com

iPod Cable, hardware bypass and VSS questions.

Hi everyone, just wanted to say what a great forum this is. Just purchased a F700BT and am having it installed on Tuesday. I have a few quick questions for you.

Do you know if you can hook up an iPod/iPhone through a standard USB cable or if you have to use the special Pioneer one (CD-IU230V).

Also I did the hardware bypass (moved the mute wire). All I have to do know is ground the mute wire and the parking brake wire correct? No software modification necessary?

One last question, I read in the manual that I do NOT have to connect the speedometer sensor wire for the F700BT, is this the case? Do I lose any functionality if I don't connect this wire.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Welcome to the site!

Search, search search! All of these questions have been covered in great detail previously, and I believe that all of them are in the FAQ's at the top of each forum.

You must use the Pioneer or Apple Composite A/V cables to get audio/video AND control of the iPod.

The parking break and relocated mute wires must be grounded.

The F700 doesn't have a VSS wire, so it's not possible to connect it.