AVIC411.com

iPhone 3g videos and avic-d3

• 1 month later...
chevyssmc01:

I have a 3g with 900BT, I found using the Mac Component Cable was the way for me go regarding video. The only thing I will caution you with is that the video does not fill the 900BT screen, might be perfect for the D3

Hope it helps...

That will work but with no onscreen control of the ipod from the D3.

Actually you need the composite cable. It has RCA connectors for the audio and video that you will connect to the AV1 input on the back of the D3. The dock connector obviously will connect to the Iphone/ipod and the USB connector will connect to a USB cigaret lighter adapter.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

question about the dock > RCA cable:

i seem to recall seeing one that had a power source that could be hooked up, but (as im sure most of you are aware) having your ipod plugged in to a power source for too long/too often etc, is not healthy for the battery.

im wondering if there is a way to toggle the power on/off.

thoughts?

ah, sorry, i didnt mean to insinuate that i am getting the apple composite cable since i only have an RCA input available on my D3. this is the one was looking at:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=11455

it was recommended in another thread and it seems to be the most reasonable and affordable way to get video off an ipod.

edit: i do have a double USB charger for the cigg outlet

• 2 weeks later...