AVIC411.com

when is the update for the f500bt

anyone knows when the update for the f500bt coming? the other f series already had 2 updates and nothing for the f500. it is really frustrating using my f500 due to very slow gps acquring the signals and sometimes just hangs up. i was going to drive from a seminar and press home in my gps, waited minutes for a gps signal, since there was nothing i just drove off thinking it will acquire along the road. but before i got a gps signal, i already got loss in the area. I needed to booth the unit twice and finally got a signal around 15-20 mins after driving. any one of you also have this problem. if you ask me if i am in an area where tall buildings are, well im not. i should have not change my old gps which i never had problems. i got carried away and impressed about pioneers ad. i think i am one of the customers who watched this item and bought the unit really early and now im so dissapointed. this is just one of the problem with my unit. others, im just trying to adopt it and just get used with the flaws.

Bluetooth on the F500BT does not work at all with my blackberry 8330...will connect and disconnect every 10 seconds. NEED AN UPDATE PIONEER!!!

I have already lobbied a call into Pioneer and writeen and email, will continue to do so....they have not been helpful at all - "It is probably in the works b/c the other ones got updates but I really dont have any information if thats accurate or not". Thanks!!

I will continue to pester them - PLEASE do the same.

You know, you guys with an F500 could try downloading the F700/900/90 update specifically for the bluetooth update directory, then follow the bluetooth update directions. If you fry your unit, you can always call Pioneer and play dumb to get another unit.

I'm interested as well since I own the F500BT, but the F500BT also was released several months after the other models (non "portable") hit mainstream markets, so it makes sense an update would be a little further out.

I guess the F500BT is different enough from the others to demand it's own unique software update coded.

I will wait patiently. I don't have to worry about tremendously slow boot times like others due to the built in battery. :)

For those interested Pioneer did post a new firmware on sept 17 for the EUROPEAN F500BT (new firmware version 1.002000)

Link: http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/suppo ... 700BT.html

Though the link indicate F900BT and F700BT, you will also find F500BT (european) as well. 211 Mb.

Be careful it says that the update is ONLY for european version of the F500BT.

But it did not fix the sometimes very long GPS acquisition of signal. Though as I live in an urban canyon it may be the reason.

Hope it helps ...