AVIC411.com

New F90BT user, Nav Map question

I've had my F90 installed in an 08 Cadillac Escalade for a week or so. Prior to install I had been using a portable Garmin c550 unit with an 07 map update. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the screen of my new Pioneer F90 and see that it is missing a large amount of information, street names, etc. over my Garmin.

I've done the update and see that my map version stayed the same. Is there any news available on a forthcoming map update? I'm really disappointed thus far with the levels of available info.

Many thanks,

jw

I have the same problem, the maps in my area are out of date as well, were talking changes that happened several years ago, that were available in Magellan gps's 2 years ago had it, but the f series does not, naturally D3 series didn't either.

I didn't know it was a difficult thing for a map company to actually have maps in the latest version to have them up to date, I mean the maps on these units are dated feb 2008 I believe. So why are road changes from 2006 not in it?

You can actually go to teleatlas website and submit a change to them, I think that certainly is helpful, granted it seems like cheating but the united states is pretty large with a ridiculous number of roads. So I guess we shouldn't be too surprised a lot are wrong.

I believe US maps themselves are 2007.7

It usually takes quite some time from the moment a mapping company (TeleAtlas in our case) does actual mapping, converts maps to their format, gives them t6o navigation software providers who convert them to their own format, do (hopefully) some testing, etc,etc.