AVIC411.com

Installing F90BT into Toyota Yaris 2007

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has installed any of the in-dash F-series into a Toyota Yaris. I got a wiring kit, and all the wires match up fine except for Dimmer wire. My wire harness only has an Orange cable and AVIC wants orange/white cable. What's more confusing is that the harness itself lists both orange and orange/white cable, but I can only see the orange one. This wire harness came with a metra kit from ebay, so I think this isn't Metra 70-1761 toyota wire harness.

If anyone has used Metra 70-1761, can you tell me if all the wires from the wire harness match up with necessary wires for AVIC F90BT? (including orange/white). I assume the speed and reverse wires have to be handled separately so those are not in question.

Please post about your installation experiences with Avic and Toyotas. Any major problems I should expect? I'm pretty handy with computers and such, but never messed around with car equipment yet.

I have installed the F700BT in my 2007 Yaris S Sedan without a glitch. I ordered the wiring harness from Crutchfield, and all wires match. I just hooked things up wire color to wire color, and everthing worked like a charm. I don't believe there was a speed wire, though. I hooked this up just two weeks ago and already I forget. If my memory serves me correctly, the only wires I didn't use was the remote control / steering wheel control wire. Hmmm maybe there was an orange one, though. Grrrr.

Also, check out the first review on this page: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... tab=review

It might give you more information.

At any rate, wire for wire hookup worked for me, so you shouldn't have any issues.

I have installed the F700BT in my 2007 Yaris S Sedan without a glitch. I ordered the wiring harness from Crutchfield, and all wires match. I just hooked things up wire color to wire color, and everthing worked like a charm. I don't believe there was a speed wire, though. I hooked this up just two weeks ago and already I forget. If my memory serves me correctly, the only wires I didn't use was the remote control / steering wheel control wire. Hmmm maybe there was an orange one, though. Grrrr.

Also, check out the first review on this page: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... tab=review

It might give you more information.

At any rate, wire for wire hookup worked for me, so you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks, I just ordered that specific wire harness to avoid any issues. The extra wires I was talking about are the ones that come with a special clip on them; I think it was red (maybe f700bt doesnt have one?).

By the way, did you have to order a special trim piece for your yaris s? My yaris came with an integrated radio with a 3" lcd screen, so I had to order a standard 2DIN trim piece. Did you do the same?

Hi-

I did have to order a trim piece for the radio to fit. I also had the 3" LCD integrated radio. Don't forget, you also need the Yaris 2din OEM trim piece (bezel). I have listed everything you should need:

1. Crutchfield item #120958202 (Toyota/Scion In-dash Receiver Kit)

2. Crutchfield item #120701761 (Toyota/Geo Wire Harness)

3. Toyota Part #55405-52640 (Yaris Trim center bezel, found at http://www.trdsparks.com/)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hey, I got the wiring harness from Crutchfield and what do you know - all wires match up. However, I still have to hook up the parking break wire as well as the speed pulse wire. I'm not going to hook up the reverse wire, since I'm not using a reverse camera.

Devenlf, do you remember exactly where you hooked up the speed pulse cable and parking break cable? I'm not worried as much about the parking break cable, since it probably goes from the parking break itself which is pretty close to the center console. However, I have no idea where to look for the speed pulse cable. Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, I connected blue wires for Power Antenna On, but do I need to connect an actual FM antenna wire? If so, do I need an adapter for it? AVIC has an antenna plug but its a large round hole, not a wire clip.

Hi, nivanov-

I used the 'bypass' on the parking break wire. I just grounded it to one of the bracket/bolts instead of having to mess with the the parking brake ground. ( I didn't know how to hook it up to the parking brake ground, didn't want to learn, so just ended up general grounding it).

So to answer question 1: I grounded the stereo's parking brake wire to one of the bracket arms that the one of the four bolts use to attach the brackets to the car.

Question 2: I don't think the F700BT, has or requires the speed pulse cable. My nav determines speed via satellite. I may not be able to assist with this one. (I think you said you bought the 90BT or 900BT?)

Question 3: My Yaris doesn't have a power antenna, so I did not use that wire. Just cut off the exposed wire on the end.

Question 4: I did hook up the FM antenna wire. No adapter was needed. Just slid right in and the radio works great. If you have a power antenna and 'clip' for your antenna connector, you may have a different model year Yaris that I have. Mine is 2007 S Sedan. The 2008's might be different!

Hopefully I helped some! If you have any more questions, please let me know. I'll do my best to help further.

Thanks! I found some diagrams online about the speed sense (tachometer) wire being right under the little box compartment on the left side of the steering column - hopefully i'll have no problem hooking it in there. I had no idea about the antenna - I haven't taken my dashboard apart yet, so I'm not sure what to expect so I'm trying to collect as much data as possible before opening it up - my dash bezel should be arriving today, so I don't have much time left to wait. I also have a Yaris 2007. It's not the "S" model, but it has a power package, which includes 3" screen integrated radio so I think the antenna hookup should be the same.

The harness I got from Crutchfield does have a blue wire (power antenna) on it so I just hooked it up to the blue wire on the pioneer harness. I think your radio reception signal suffers a lot if you don't have it hooked up. The blue wire tells the antenna amp to turn on and off, so I'm not sure if it'll do any good hooked up, but it certainly can't hurt.

I'll take some pictures during the installation so if everything goes ok, others will have better ideas on how to install the unit.