AVIC411.com

F90BT - DivX Playback

So I've been lurking around the forum for a while now doing research and finally pulled the trigger on the F90BT since it seems almost completely customizable.

Thanks for all the information so far, I'll be doing the install this weekend on my Xterra and some of the mods from skicrave, Boris, etc, after that.

One thing that seems off to me is that there is no support for DivX playback via USB/SD. I've searched the board and haven't found many discussions on this topic but its something I've been wondering about since I'm really trying to get away from disposable media.

Is this something thats even possible with a mod, anyone know of a possible workaround to get DivX playback via SD/USB?

tailor - I would consider it a bit more gracious to wait at least a day or when it falls off the first page before bumping your own thread!

My first post here never even GOT a reply! Folks work, go to school, etc. Seems only natural to wait a day at least before expecting everyone to have a chance at replying. (Not to mention you won't even have it installed until the weekend according to your first post)

Not trying to be a d*ck, though you probably see me that way - it's just patience is a virtue. Trust me, if someone can help you with this issue, they will.

Hope the unit works out well for you.

Cheers,

Kev

divx plays off the sd card on my f90bt. I made a folder called divx on the root of the sd card downloaded a divx file placed it there and it plays

No you didn't.

yes I did.

Here are the specs of the file on the sd card

> AUDiO......[ MP3 CBR 128 kb/s 48000Hz J-Stereo (2 chnls)

> LANGUAGE...[ ENGLISH

> SUBS.......[ NONE

> ViDEO......[ 798 kbps DivX[5.x/6.x] 25.000 Fps

> RESOLUTiON.[ 672 x 286

> DAR........[ 2.350 (~33:14)

> FiLES......[ 1 for 1 CD

> SiZE.......[ 700 MB (717,580 KB / 734,801,920 bytes)

> SOURCE.....[ PAL DVD R5

divx plays off the sd card on my f90bt. I made a folder called divx on the root of the sd card downloaded a divx file placed it there and it plays

No you didn't.

Yea I was about to respond the same way. That feature was supposedly removed from the unit spec before the F series was released. Was suppose to be Divx on disk only.

• 2 weeks later...