Using Europe Map on US F900BT

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,

Did in my f90bt and in a f500bt of a friend....works fine....since it's a hack to Igo there's no reason for it to don't work....Probably you are doing something wrong...

Just REPLACE the ezrider.exe and COPY the worldwide license files...DON'T delete the existing ones....if you do the system won't boot up.....

Make sure the maps you are using are for igo 8 and not igo 8.3 or something.....

Any doubts let me know..

GUGA

Ok, just want to get an understanding on this. I downloaded the file named "ir" from rapidshare, along with a license. I placed the license in the license folder next to the other one. Now am I to simply copy this onto the flash memory of the AVIC?

If so, will this replace or alter any modifications that may currently be on my unit?

And is my ending result the most updated maps?

(All I really want is an updated map, since there are problems and alot of outdated things with the current map file I am using on my unit.)

Ok, just want to get an understanding on this. I downloaded the file named "ir" from rapidshare, along with a license. I placed the license in the license folder next to the other one. Now am I to simply copy this onto the flash memory of the AVIC?

If so, will this replace or alter any modifications that may currently be on my unit?

And is my ending result the most updated maps?

(All I really want is an updated map, since there are problems and alot of outdated things with the current map file I am using on my unit.)

Yes - If you copy the licence file and and the hacked eazyrider.exe to the flash memory, you will be able to use updated maps...

But you still have to buy (or find) new maps. If you are not too worried about copyright issues, they can be found on the internet in version 2008.10.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread make sure to look for IGO8.0 maps, as IGO8.3 wont work.

I also heard people deleting maps they won't use(such as Europe, etc..) to make the unit go faster.

1) Does this actually work?

2) If so, where are the actual map files that you can remove?

Except, of course, for the fact that US-spec units do not have Europe maps on them, and deleting state maps will not make anything any faster anyway...

So it would be on a state-by-state basis? Ah, it's not worth it. I'd probably end up lost in some state that I deleted one day and my GPS wouldn't be able to help me.

So back on the subject of these maps-- Why can't we just download the map file? Do the newer map data files require all the other things(inside the ir zip) we need to put on the unit as well?