AVIC411.com

Using Europe Map on US F900BT

So it would be on a state-by-state basis? Ah, it's not worth it. I'd probably end up lost in some state that I deleted one day and my GPS wouldn't be able to help me.

So back on the subject of these maps-- Why can't we just download the map file? Do the newer map data files require all the other things(inside the ir zip) we need to put on the unit as well?

Maps require an appropriate license file to be used. EZRider on the unit works only with Pioneer's license file which in turn only works with maps Pioneer gave us. Hacked EZRider works with any iGO 8 license file, so you can use newer maps until Pioneer gives us an official update...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got the ezrider and license file on the unit, but I wasn't able to get the DATA and SYS because it conflicted with my modifications. However, the unit still booted up fine. Will I notice anything different with that version of EZRIDER?

Also, why in SYS does it say

[device]

type="ASUS 63X"

I got the ezrider and license file on the unit, but I wasn't able to get the DATA and SYS because it conflicted with my modifications. However, the unit still booted up fine. Will I notice anything different with that version of EZRIDER?

Also, why in SYS does it say

[device]

type="ASUS 63X"

You have a very wrong SYS.TXT...

Hacked ezrider is identical to Pioneer's one in every respect except for license support...

I've updated my uk maps from 2008.01 to 2008.07 but both show in the map info list. When I updated from 2007.10 to 2008.01 the 2008.01 maps was the only one that showed. Does this mean 2008.07 maps aren't working?

Cheers

i think 2008.7 maps need to be patched to work on (older 8.0.0.xx) igo versions..

from another forum: """iGo8 2008.07 Map Patcher [RapidShare]

use it to patch 2008.07 maps to make them work with 8.0.0.49545 version, caution: may cause street search error"""