AVIC411.com

Sirus XM Logo changes

Today started up the car and immediately noticed that Sirus XM has started to make major channel changes on the list. Some channel names were changed, some moved, etc. Accordingly many of the channel icons are now not functional. I have seen that there are ways to redo the category logos, (those have changed for some as well) but no way to replace the channel logos.

Anyone have any ideas? I sent Pioneer an email but do not expect much help.

Well since it reads off the disc, it means updating the .DAT file on the disc, which I plan on doing today!!! What sucks, is us D3'ers dont have internal hard drives, so I have to reburn on a dual layer DVD To test.... aka... EXPENSIVE!!!

so I am gonna play with my hex editor and fix some of the PIM's...

Im not new to hex. I have my BA in IT..

If you give me time, and I get it working, I will reupload it.

I think it works by looking at the station title. chan 9 changed a little..

Pioneer would of done this to prevent the logo showing up if the station changed genre or name *as they did*

I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they said that the station logos are updated through the Map Update discs. The next map update won't arrive until April '09! Lazy *** Pioneer :x. Take several hours to fix this and make your customers happy.

I'd be willing to pay someone on here, that has the skills to fix the station logos, $20 for their service

Well, I say that everyone should either:

1) Call them at 800.421.1404 (opt 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1) and let your voice be heard, or

2) email the message below to Pioneer at customer.support@pioneerservice.com :wink:

** Please forward this to the head (Manager) of Customer Service **

As you may or may not know, yesterday XM and Sirius completed their merger and changed the station lineup for their service. As a result, most all of the station logos displayed on your navigation units are missing. So, last night I emailed your department to ask about a fix.

Well, I just got off the phone with your customer service department and was told that the XM/Sirius station logos on all Pioneer units will be updated with the next Map Update due out in April. You are doing a disservice to your image when you're going to make ALL your customers that own a navigation display (Z-series, D-series, N-series & F-series) wait 6+ months to have their displays corrected.

Normally I could understand the wait...if XM or Sirius makes a slight changes to their station lineup. BUT, they just merged and more than 2/3 of the stations (and logos) have changed.

I'm not the only one venting my frustration. A browse at the AVIC411.com forums will show other customers that would like this resolved:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19377

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19359

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19365

Please don't make your loyal customers wait 6+ months and spend $120 to fix their displays.

S**** W.

AVIC-Z2 owner

Sweet! :D So are you gonna try and update all the music channels? Back when the 2008 disc's came out, I tried editing the table and downloaded new logos for every channel that was missing a logo, but was unsuccessful :( I hope you can get it to work, since not having logos is bugging me!

Well since it reads off the disc, it means updating the .DAT file on the disc, which I plan on doing today!!! What sucks, is us D3'ers dont have internal hard drives, so I have to reburn on a dual layer DVD To test.... aka... EXPENSIVE!!!

Pioneer would of done this to prevent the logo showing up if the station changed genre or name *as they did*

What hex editor are you using? Is it as simple as editing the .pim file and replacing it with a new one?

Which folder on the DVD contains the icons?

I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they said that the station logos are updated through the Map Update discs. The next map update won't arrive until April '09! Lazy *** Pioneer :x. Take several hours to fix this and make your customers happy.

I'd be willing to pay someone on here, that has the skills to fix the station logos, $20 for their service

Well, I say that everyone should either:

1) Call them at 800.421.1404 (opt 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1) and let your voice be heard, or

2) email the message below to Pioneer at customer.support@pioneerservice.com :wink:

** Please forward this to the head (Manager) of Customer Service **

As you may or may not know, yesterday XM and Sirius completed their merger and changed the station lineup for their service. As a result, most all of the station logos displayed on your navigation units are missing. So, last night I emailed your department to ask about a fix.

Well, I just got off the phone with your customer service department and was told that the XM/Sirius station logos on all Pioneer units will be updated with the next Map Update due out in April. You are doing a disservice to your image when you're going to make ALL your customers that own a navigation display (Z-series, D-series, N-series & F-series) wait 6+ months to have their displays corrected.

Normally I could understand the wait...if XM or Sirius makes a slight changes to their station lineup. BUT, they just merged and more than 2/3 of the stations (and logos) have changed.

I'm not the only one venting my frustration. A browse at the AVIC411.com forums will show other customers that would like this resolved:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19377

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19359

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19365

Please don't make your loyal customers wait 6+ months and spend $120 to fix their displays.

S**** W.

AVIC-Z2 owner

I found the following Pioneer corporate emails that I copied on the above email: jaed.arzadon@pioneer-usa.com, sresendez@siriusradio.com, christina.ramirez@pioneer-usa.com, pr-pioneer@pioneer-usa.com, diana.gonzales@pioneer-usa.com, jennifer.ralls@pioneer-usa.com, karl.detken@pioneer-usa.com, aaron.levine@pioneer-usa.com, Masao.Kawabata@pioneer-usa.com, jarazadon@pioneer-usa.com, sbonsignore@gcigroup.com

What hex editor are you using? Is it as simple as editing the .pim file and replacing it with a new one?

Which folder on the DVD contains the icons?

there is a huge topic on this on the site... Im gonna see what I can do... Ill post back later... Im gonna update the channels that I listen to (150,16,46,49,26)

if that works, Ill post a updated version on this site.

there is a huge topic on this on the site... Im gonna see what I can do... Ill post back later... Im gonna update the channels that I listen to (150,16,46,49,26)

if that works, Ill post a updated version on this site.

Any chance you know what the title of that thread is or have a link to it? I can't seem to find one where it goes into detail on how to change the table using a hex editor :?:

My MacBook Pro is burning a DL DVD as we speak, I made 5 icon changes and it took me about 45 minutes to do so... If these do not work, I may not continue... DL DVD's are $6 for 2...

Im not poor, but I cant blow a crap load of money on DL DVD's... and the fact that it takes like 15 minutes to burn..

haha Im not complaining that I want "money" its just a lot of work... because I gotta bounce between Mac & Windows.... I run Fusion (Windows on OS-X).. here is the steps for just replacing images:

0) Download new image off XM's Site

1) Read PIM on windows

2) Convert PIM to JPG

3) Transfer JPG to Mac side

4) Resize to fit in photoshop

5) Transfer back to Windows

6) Convert JPG to PIM

7) Transfer back to Mac for burning

8) BURN

Now granted I know a bit more so I can download the image on OSX and just convert via photoshop, but its still a pain!

I also have to make the HEX Edits (Some what easier) but I gotta go out to my truck and see how the AVIC reads each channel's title.. like on XM's site its Raw_Dog_Comedy (Replace _ with a space)

on the AVIC its xL_RawDog_Comedy

little errors like that will keep it from showing that image...

Im about ready to take this disc out to my truck... Cross your fingers and hope it works :)

P.S. I may only be able to update the stations with name changes, not new stations a.k.a Howard Stern