AVIC411.com

connecting gex-p10xmt to my avic-d1, help!

my avic-d1 is already installed (had a store do it for me), but now i've got the xm receiver and want to hook it up. however, the instrucitons that came with it were somewhat confusing. the ports on the back of the xm receiver are:

antenna, ip-bus out, data out, ip-bus in, power supply

1. which one of these do i plug into the back of the avic-d1? just the "data out" cable? i'm not sure what the deal is with the "ip bus out" and "ip bus in" ports.

2. i see that i have to power the xm unit and it has a power supply port. the included cable has a yellow (battery), black (ground), and red (acc) cable. i assume that i just splice into a yellow battery cable for that, black ground cable for that? should i look for any special yellow or black cables to splice into?

however, the red cable says "Do not use this lead when the product is connected with an IP-BUS cable. If both an IP-BUS cable and this lead are used together, the product may not work properly. (Fold this led away and keep it unused until you need to turn the product ON/OFF independently from other connected devices).

i guess if i knew the answer to #1, i would know what to make of #2.

help! :o

my avic-d1 is already installed (had a store do it for me), but now i've got the xm receiver and want to hook it up. however, the instrucitons that came with it were somewhat confusing. the ports on the back of the xm receiver are:

antenna, ip-bus out, data out, ip-bus in, power supply

1. which one of these do i plug into the back of the avic-d1? just the "data out" cable? i'm not sure what the deal is with the "ip bus out" and "ip bus in" ports.

2. i see that i have to power the xm unit and it has a power supply port. the included cable has a yellow (battery), black (ground), and red (acc) cable. i assume that i just splice into a yellow battery cable for that, black ground cable for that? should i look for any special yellow or black cables to splice into?

however, the red cable says "Do not use this lead when the product is connected with an IP-BUS cable. If both an IP-BUS cable and this lead are used together, the product may not work properly. (Fold this led away and keep it unused until you need to turn the product ON/OFF independently from other connected devices).

i guess if i knew the answer to #1, i would know what to make of #2.

help! :o

1. Data Out and IP Bus Out go to the D1.

2. Do NOT Connect the Red Cable.

:)

Jason

i connected data out to the d1, and the ip bus out to the d1. then i connected the yellow to the battery lead, and black to the ground lead. it didn't work - the satellite unit didn't power up, and the button for XM was greyed out in the "source" menu. i pressed the "reset" button on the unit, that didn't help. i then went to circuit city and they said to connect the red wire to the ACC. i did that, it still doesn't work.

why shouldn't i connect that wire? ..what do you think may be the problem?

Make sure you have the cables in the right spots. If it still dosn't work, you probably have a dead reciever. There may be a fuse or something that is preventing the reciever from getting power.

Reciever Data Out -> D1 Data In

Reciever IP Bus Out -> D1 IP Bus In

• 6 months later...

i had the yellow wire connected to my remote on my amp so it would lose power everytime i shut off the car, I couldnt save presets and it would go back to the preview channel everytime. i rewired the yellow wire to the battery and now its fine cuz it has constant power.