AVIC411.com

Asian Fonts

Fonts file is here and please copy to the SD card

This is a .cab installation file for Asian characters. It contains a font file and a Asian wince.nls file and some settings.

Font file: It's Google DroidSansFallback.ttf fonts from Google Phone. It supports and is limited to Traditional Chinese, Simplied Chinese, Japanese and Korean. If you want to display language other than these, please refer other's thread here for referance.

wince.nls file: Current default wince.nls file in the system doesn't support Asian language setting and also wince.nls is hidden so that it's not that straightforward to overwrite. This .cab file helps you to bring out the hidden file and overwrite it.

Installation step 1: double click that file on the SD card and installnation begins. When it prompts want to overwrite a system or hidden file, please click "yes" anyway.

(please keep in mind after execute .cab files, it will extract and install and the original .cab will be deleted, please have a backup in your computer)

Installation step 2: change your default language setting, please go to regedit (See P.S.)and find out [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls] and change the "defaultLCID" value from 409 to your language. Trad. Chinese is 404, Simp. Chinese is 804 and Japanese is 411 (Sorry I don't know the Korean, please provide if you know one)

P.S. The way to edit registry: Go to

http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3}

and download Handheld PC Pro, 2000 (ARM) . its a registry editor and put it on your SD card

Installation step 3: remove and SD card and reboot. That's it, just two steps.

Again, once you boot with test mode again, all the settings will be gone. You have to start over. But it is not really a big deal though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hi, I just got my f700bt yesterday. I was reading the web for a solution on reading chinese fonts. Instead of adding another font file in the system, is it possible to rename DroidSansFallback.ttf to the default .ttf that the system is using and then just copy to the system and replace the original .ttf file ??

• 1 month later...
hi, I just got my f700bt yesterday. I was reading the web for a solution on reading chinese fonts. Instead of adding another font file in the system, is it possible to rename DroidSansFallback.ttf to the default .ttf that the system is using and then just copy to the system and replace the original .ttf file ??

I tried replacing tahoma.ttf in the windows directory with my own font file and it didn't work (MSPINCHO). I also copied a wince.nls file from a Japanese system as well. I guess I am destined to have blocky id3 tags. :o

I tried both the methods in both threads. I thought being a software engineer would help but it didn't. :P

So when I try to run reloadnls.exe or the one you provided (usemynls.exe) it says they can't be run. I don't know if the issue is that these files can't be called and the old nls in memory is the one that keeps getting run.

Bah!! This seems like an issue a lot of people have dealt with in the past but all the stuff they did that works for them isn't working for this device.

Sigh.. Hopefully, some smart people there can figure it out one day.

:lol: I said the same thing earlier. I tried so many things it is ridiculous. I thought maybe this thread or the other thread missed something in windows ce for font overloading but it seems like all the stuff is there and it should theoretically work.