AVIC411.com

Asian Fonts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using this D_ChineseSupportAllButImput.cab successfully. But there are times when the f500bt does require a soft boot up and i would loose the D_Chinese set up. It would be nice if someone knows how to build an executable file onto the SDcard, and then it would automatically 1)copy the D_ChineseSupportAllButImput.cab file restore from a backup location, and then 2)execute this file auto-magically. I hate this files because it will delete itself after execution which is totally inconvenient to restore it after each use. It seems the concept is do-able, except that i am not good enough do hack the software. thanks for reading.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How to make it permanent ... asian fonts.

My understanding is that you can do an analogy to how Windows XP or whatever version of Windows boots. If you didn't boot completely to Windows then pull the power OFF or press reset, on next boot-up it will prompt you to go to normal mode because Windows thinks that there is a problem. In the case of the AVIC HU, Windows CE is an embedded operation system, the normal mode doesn't really exist so what it does is to reset all settings to default, including your modification for the asian fonts. The resetting will also occur if you soft-reset the HU with the in-dash button.

The idea is to start the car before the AVIC has enough time to go to the booting process. Usually if after you turn the key to the first position (ACC), you either let it boots completely or you have to start the car within 2 seconds or so.

Hope that this helps.

• 5 months later...

The problem is not the glyphs thing, it is because there is a safety switch built into the AVIC to reset to factory WinCE state when a reset occurs. This is the case whenever you boot into Testmode, and sometime when AVIC detects something unusual.

So even if you overwrite the default font files with new ones, WinCE still reverts to factory condition when reset occurs.

The problem is not the glyphs thing, it is because there is a safety switch built into the AVIC to reset to factory WinCE state when a reset occurs. This is the case whenever you boot into Testmode, and sometime when AVIC detects something unusual.

So even if you overwrite the default font files with new ones, WinCE still reverts to factory condition when reset occurs.

If this is the case then what happens when someone upgrades their firmware? Shouldn't the firmware upgrade to the unit be lost during the reset?

If this is the case then what happens when someone upgrades their firmware? Shouldn't the firmware upgrade to the unit be lost during the reset?

Upgrade to the FW is a different story, and it is not done within TestMode. Modifications done within TestMode is only temporary written to the user-modifiable Flash memory (Not the WinCE Flash ROM).

In the other hand, the FW upgrade will require to enter the internal Flash ROM programming mode, to physically alter the internal Flash image of the WinCE OS.

So when your AVIC detects that there is something not right (unsuccussful boot as an example, or get into TestMode also provokes a reset to default), it will revert to factory settings by loading the WinCE OS image again to the user-modifiable Flash memory, or by resetting user changes made to the system.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm gona install dealeay timer so when ever key goes in to on position avic get power 1minute even key turns off or start..this way avic can finish boot so nomore reset anymore.

I ordered timer and I'll soon install it I'll keep youguys updated..

Where do you get the power if the key is turned to OFF right away?

Are you going to connect to the battery directly to get power?

there is memory power at the connection this one has constant power regardless of key position.

I use acc as switch so whenever key goes acc it gets at least 1 min power either key goes to off or on or start.

only down side is this way other ACC devices or outlets will get power too.but I think there is almost 0 ACC powered device on my car. or I can simply install diode to prevent backflow.

otherthing is I don't know if AVIC will keep boothing with craking voltage drop.

well still it'll reduce number of resetting siginificantly.

I ordered timer on ebay.

I'll post result but will be anoter two weeks to get the timer on hand.