AVIC411.com

** Windows Mobile Users i have a fix 4 VR & PhoneBook Sy

In my previous thread http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19383 I was asking for some help with some issues i was having with my windows mobile phone.

***Issues I was having****

My T-Mobile Dash would not Sync

My T-Mobile Wing would sync but the avic-f90bt would not recognize my contacts if i used VR mode to call someone. It would say "please say that again" or "i did not understand you". It would then proceed to flake out and ignore my commands and return to the normal screen or it would call some random sting of numbers it thought i said when i really said a name instead.

I have verified this to work on my T Mobile Wing and believe it should work on most phones that run windows mobile. However i do not guarantee anything so please no complaining i am only trying to help people with what i have discovered.

*** The Fix For Windows Mobile Enabled Phones****

*** Pairing with Pioneer Navigation***

I figured out that later versions of windows mobile work much better on the avic series navigation. I was running windows mobile 6 professional on my Tmobile Wing a.k.a. HTC Herald. I could not get this thing to sync to save my life. After working on it for a bit i discovered that windows Mobile 6.1 Professional worked much better.

Step 1. Verify what version of windows mobile you are running if it is 6 or below proceed to step 2.

Step 2. Find you device on a windows mobile forum. I recommend XDA Developers... http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.p ... f2f0028ecf

Step 3. Find an official if possible Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Rom on this site. Try to get the latest version possible as there are different revisions of windows mobile 6.1 (the later the better)

Step 4. Read the FAQ's on your particular web site and find out how to flash your phone if you have never done it before.

Step 5. Flash you phone. Once your phone is up and operational go to the communication manager or wireless manager and turn on bluetooth. Also make sure that your phone is visible to others by checking the box underneath turn on bluetooth.

Step 6. Go to your F series navigation and then proceed to phone settings. Touch connection and click add connection. You can choose to pair the device with the phone or have the navigation search for the device and then pair it both ways work equally well. Once the bluetooth device is found it will pop up on your phone and ask if you want Pioneer Navi to be added to your bluetooth say yes enter the pin 1111 and then hit finish on your cell. Now the important part if you have a later version of windows mobile 6.1 your phone should get a pop up that says Pioneer Navi is trying to access your contacts do you want to allow. Say Yes... Then on the pioneer unit touch to ok button for it to finish pairing.

***Transfering Bluetooth Contacts****

Now even though the phone gets a pop up saying the navigation is trying to access your contacts that does not mean your contacts have been transferred. Before you transfer your contacts you need to edit them all. There are multiple ways to do this i choose to use microsoft outlook to edit my contacts as my contacts are downloaded from outlook. You can use that method or do them one at a time on the phone or use special software whatever works for you.

***How to set up your contacts***

You need to make sure that all your contacts that are in the FIRST LAST name format get changed. They all need to be have the First and the Last name in the First Name field. I belive the pioneer nav gets confused when it downloads contacts from some phones in the first last format. Doing it this way it only thinks they are in the First name format. Your contact should have no information under last name. The whole name should be under the first name with a space.

Correct Format

First Name: BOB BLUE

Last Name:

Mobile Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Home Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Incorrect Format

First Name: BOb

Last Name: Blue

Mobile Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Home Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Make sure you change every contact that has a last name to the correct format then transfer your phone book as normal. Once transferred give it a few seconds then go to the map screen activate VR and try to voice dial a contact. This worked for me hopefully it will work for you as well.

This is what I found that works for me. I took the above instructions as far as my contacts in Outlook and set them up with first and last name in the first name box.

I have a Verizon Motorola Q 9C and was having issues transferring the address book. But one thing I didn't do was have patience. Originally when I paired the phone everything went fine. I then went to transfer the contacts and it told me no phone number.

So then I went into my Q and selected to send all my contacts via bluetooth to the Pioneer. It went through the motions and the phone locked up. The only thing I could do was pull the battery. What I should have done and did the next try, was wait.

I did everything the same and then go to the transfer part where my phone locked up and I just waited. It took about 7 minutes but then it started transferring the contacts.

I have about 100 contacts and when that was done, I selected the next option on screen that pops up about going ahead and transferring the contacts and when I selected that, it said loading.

After about 3 minutes, it said it was finished and lo and behold, all the contacts that I changed in Outlook with first and last name in first name field were there! The VR even works with them. Now I realize that YMMV, but I thought I would put this out there so someone can try it and hopefully have it work for them.

Also, I am running WinMo 6.1.