AVIC411.com

Does Cablejive's Iphone charger converter work with the G3?

Hey guys,

I have a Z2 upgraded to the Z3 (thanks Garrett) and a new Iphone G3. I tried the Scosche passPORT and it will not charge the G3 with the Z series HD (and confirmed by Scosche). I'm using the CD_Ib100II Ipod adapter

Has any tried Cablejive's converter on the Z2/3 and does it charge the IPhone G3?

Any other suggestions to charge the G3 from the Z2/3?

Thanks in advance for any input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I cant find any other links to a solution when I search and if this one is already here there is no reason to start a new one. Like the member above I am interested finding some answers to charging my iPhone 3GS with my Z1 coverted to a Z3. I have the CDIB100II installed and it will play the music but will not charge the phone which is what I want. I have tried a griffin charger adapter/converter that I got from ebay and with no luck and no charging. What is the latest info, and any links would be great as well. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
I know this is an old thread but I cant find any other links to a solution when I search and if this one is already here there is no reason to start a new one. Like the member above I am interested finding some answers to charging my iPhone 3GS with my Z1 coverted to a Z3. I have the CDIB100II installed and it will play the music but will not charge the phone which is what I want. I have tried a griffin charger adapter/converter that I got from ebay and with no luck and no charging. What is the latest info, and any links would be great as well. Thanks in advance!

The only way to make this work is to get Cablejive's +USB charge converter. This is the charge converter with the 5pin mini usb plug on the side. This is so you can run a DC charger to the charge converter while it's plugged into the Pioneer unit. As retarded as this is, it is the only known work around.