AVIC411.com

?- to dump the D3 and get the F series...need some help

Hello all...a couple of quick questions for you. I have gone through almost every thread on the F series and had some questions for you.

1. It seems that the D3 shares the same wiring harnesses as the 90bt. Can anyone confirm this as it would make for a simple install. (ipod cable as well)

2. I am currently using a Pac-audio steering wheel module. Will it work with the 90bt?

3. I have read that the xmtraffic does not work on the f series. Anyone see a major disadvantage with the msn traffic? I really liked the colored freeway lines letting you know how traffic was.

4. Does the navigation still suck? Meaning it drives me nuts when you try and type an address and it suggests 30 different streets. Then 90% of the suggested streets dont exist when you try and select them. I find that inserting the phone number of where your going to be the only tried and true solution.

5. Is it worth the switch? I have the d3 with xmnavtraffic and bluetooth.

thanks for the time and suggestions, i really do appreciate it....

yeah, I am debating to make the switch too,

I am more interested on the wiring, I know that the connectors are different I am just wondering if the wire colors are the same and uses the same wires, IE I don't have to run any more new wiring thru the truck.

sorry for hijacking your thread loungn14

1. It seems that the D3 shares the same wiring harnesses as the 90bt. Can anyone confirm this as it would make for a simple install. (ipod cable as well)

2. I am currently using a Pac-audio steering wheel module. Will it work with the 90bt?

3. I have read that the xmtraffic does not work on the f series.

4. Does the navigation still suck? Meaning it drives me nuts when you try and type an address and it suggests 30 different streets.

5. Is it worth the switch? I have the d3 with xmnavtraffic and bluetooth.

1 Don't be lazy, and they probably aren't identical. The F90BT comes with an iPod cable btw.

2 The PAC and Peripherals interfaces work very well with the F series

3 MSN Traffic sucks as per pretty much everyone

4 The navigation is awesome imo

5 Couldn't say. Nav Traffic doesn't work with the F series and bluetooth is still very buggy for me.

Yes the D3 has the same harness, wiring harness NOT the AV harness with the av inputs/outputs.

The pac steering wheel controls worked fine for me, just the preset stations won't switch only channel up down does.

MSN traffic works ok but it costs quite a bit of money and you get a 3 month trial, no extra hardware required. Works off of FM channels.

The address input works off of zip code now, and its a lot more user friendly.

I went from the D3 to a f900bt, and I won't go back. Especially now with the firmware 2.0 update, its a great unit and I think its a huge worthy upgrade to the D3.

You are going to need a new ipod cable for the f series, unless you get the f90bt, as the d3 ipod cable wont work with it.