AVIC411.com

Who is having problems with the PAC Audio SWI-PS???

We (PAC) are trying to get feedback on the incompatibility issues right now.WE know it not to be 100% compatible at this time, meaning it will not do the presets. We are hearing that it does work.Im assuming the people that say it does work, their cars arent equipt with presets on the steering wheel.

If you having problems please let me know the vehicle year and what its not doing.

FYI, we are releasing a new revision, sometime after CES, so i suggest not buying the new SWI-PS till then if you are having problems.The piece will also retain factory bluetooth if equipt.

Mario

Sales/Techinical

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not get the presets to work as well. Also, when I programmed one of the steering-wheel buttons to "Mute", I would get intermittent muting with no discernible pattern. It would occur while turning, driving straight, even stopped at a red light.

Another annoyance is the lag between pressing a steering wheel button and the actual command being performed bu the HU.

2004 GMC Envoy XL

Pioneer AVIC F90BT

Wheel: Legagy GT Momo w/ 6 buttons (different resistance per button press)

Button	Programmed As	Result
Source	Source		Works
Up	Seek Up		Works
Down	Seek Down	Works
Up	Preset Up	Fail
Down	Preset Down	Fail
Vol Up	Volume Up	Pass
Vol Dwn	Volume Down	Pass
Mute	Mute		Pass (Attenuate toggle)

Additional info:

• Pressing and holding Source changes audio source to off.
    Pressing and holding Up/Down seeks up/down on the tuner and fast-forwards/backwards on the iPod.
    Pressing and holding volume up/down increases volume up/down several steps.

Would have loved preset up/down instead of seek, since the radio interface on this HU (FM and HD) sucks so badly.

i'm really glad someone else has issues with the PAC. I thought I might have been the only one since i didn't see any threads on it.

And I'm really glad the manufacturer stepped up to the plate. Good stuff.

I have 2 issues:

1.) as mentioned above, I have lag when pressing the button and the command being executed. sometimes the lag isn't that bad. other times it can take a few seconds.

2.) in addition to the lag, when the command is finally executed, the AVIC responds like i pressed the button a bunch of times when I've only pressed it maybe a couple times. I think this could be due to it thinking i've held it down? i dunno. but very annoying when i've pressed once to skip a track on my ipod. then press it again a couple seconds later to make sure it got the command, only to make the song in fast forward continuously. then i have to physically use the button on the AVIC to skip to the next track.

hope this helps a little to debug issues people are having

The preset channel up/down is my only complaint, sure would be nice. I got way too used to that function with the D series.

My one compliment would be the much improved response rate tot he pac unit with the 2.0 update, prior to that even with the D series it was extremely laggy response.

Thanks for all the feedback. Im trying to compile a list of repetative issues so my engineering department knows whats working and whats not.

As far as the delay, that is the nature of the part becasue we are converting the data from the button to a useable input to the radio.My suggestion is to press the button and hold for at least 1 second.I know this is not how the factory control worked, but its the only way.All products on the market will work the same, since we private label with iot being our patent.

We already know of the presets not working and being intermittent, is there anything else you guys are experiencing???

Mario

Unfortunately, i have some bad news.We just got word that Pioneer, is NOT going to change the way their input works, meaning that the presets will not work,period.

The only change between the current SWI-PS and the soon to be released SWI-PS is going to be the addition of Pioneer Bluetooth commands for answer call, end call and phone status.

Sorry guys, we tried. :?

Mario,

For those of us who currently own the SWI-PS, will there be a firmware upgrade we could flash or send the part in to be programmed to the latest? I'd like the ability to program my wheel's mute button to answer call instead. Main reason is so I don't have to take the hands off the wheel to answer a call, especially if the 2.0 firmware decides not to display the dialog on the first incoming call...

Thanks!

unfortunately, there is no "upgrade" or "reprogrammng" available.This is not my decision, so dont flame me :lol:

I would say, for those that have a "defective" unit and bought through a reputable dealer and not some ebay whorehouse, they should return it for a replacement, thats just what i'd do.

anybody understand that :shock:

My altima works 100% of the time, however, there is a significant amount of time I have to hold the steering wheel button down before the unit responds. I accepted this as first, but now it seems like its a f'ed up interface.

preset up/down doesnt work either.