AVIC411.com

Who is having problems with the PAC Audio SWI-PS???

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, well for my vehicle it works fine, perhaps it is a lot more complicated with yours. Depending on the number of buttons and wired in your steering wheel controls there are tons of possibilities for problems then.

As for programming, using the blinking light, if you don't have the programming order set in the proper order it is very easy to mix them up, its important to write down exactly the steps on a piece of paper, then follow them. the system times out very quickly so any hesitation can get things a bit confusing.

I would say double check the cables, make sure you didnt confuse any, then reprogram it, using a very well written step by step plan on which button does what, when to ignore a function etc.

but in regards to it not working properly, it does work just fine with this unit, mine works great, volume up/down, station up/down. There are a few other functions I could add for the mode button but I wasn't too worried about that.

What are you saying Bucketman? Did you have the same issue?

---

Sorry alexbouza, I posted my original reply with the issues I'm having in this thread on Dec 1. My main problem is that the unit works intermittently. Immediately after programming, it's fine, all 4 buttons work as they should, but it stops working again some time after I switch the ACC off and then on again. I haven't seen a pattern yet, sometimes it works after starting the engine and sometimes it doesn't. Occasionally, I'll press and press and press a SW control (over a period of several minutes) and it will suddenly start working, or suddenly stop working. Volume up and down is the worst, they don't respond much more than they do respond. I'm using the SWI-PS on a 2006 Ford Expedition, front controls, to an F90BT (program/version 3 using the white wire). I think I'll try hooking it into the rear controls next to see what success I can get.

It seems to be everything, at least everything I have hooked up, music on the FM or AM radio, MP3s on the SD card, MP3s on a USB device, DVD movies, AV1 (I have the Expedition's factory-fit RSE DVD hooked into the AV1 input, so no integrated IPod). I haven't tried a regular CD or the AV2 yet (does anyone put actual CDs into these players any more when there's so many preferable media options?).

That's the same problem I have!

the difference is that I have an Envoy.

Circuit City recommended buying another unit and trying again

good ole circut city.they do recommend to redo things all the time,and its not a knock on all of the locations,Heck i used to work for them.

Alex i posted a repair for you on here check the thread,It will fix your problem and you can do it yourself.

You need to keep in mind to FIND A CONSTANT Acc wire.If your not using a Onstar retention module your going to have Constant problems,and the headaches outweigh the cost IMHO.

Make sure you use the correct harnesses and the pac SWI ps will work on it no problem

make sure the purple loop isnt cut,DO cut the brown loop and only use the green interface wire and hook red to switched wire and the black to a solid ground.

Also one Mistake people make is to conncect AT THE DECK and on your truck.

The Connector you need to tap into is AT THE STEERING colum.

If you do connect at the deck side your going to have the issues your refering to.

Ive installed these probably 100 times and havent had one not work right.

FYI if you use a gmlan or gmlanB retention harness you can use the green wire marked SW control for your swi-ps

connect green from your swi to the green wire marked SW control only and set to mode 2

Hope that helps and if your in vegas let me know ill help you out

1PACMAN,

A couple of questions for you:

1) Do you have a more definitive release date? I just bought an AVIC-F700BT and would like to install the steering wheel interface at the same time as I install the HU (not sure if I can stand a long wait :))

2) Will there be a separate part number, name, or rev number on the unit to identify that it is the new vs. the old unit?

3) Will there be any other changes besides the Bluetooth functionality and if so, what? I.e. bug fixes, reliability updates, additional features, etc.

4) Will there be any price increase over the current SWI-PS?

Thanks.

Paul

1PACMAN,

A couple of questions for you:

1) Do you have a more definitive release date? I just bought an AVIC-F700BT and would like to install the steering wheel interface at the same time as I install the HU (not sure if I can stand a long wait :))

2) Will there be a separate part number, name, or rev number on the unit to identify that it is the new vs. the old unit?

3) Will there be any other changes besides the Bluetooth functionality and if so, what? I.e. bug fixes, reliability updates, additional features, etc.

4) Will there be any price increase over the current SWI-PS?

Thanks.

Paul

dr paul what kind of car are you installing the Steering wheel control in?

In most cases ive seen no serious if any issues in regards to the swi PS.

I know theres alot of complaints about functionality here on this site,But i cant recreate them and actually ive seen that alot of the issues are Honestly Installer or programming issues.

Perhaps i can ease your fears

We (PAC) are trying to get feedback on the incompatibility issues right now.WE know it not to be 100% compatible at this time, meaning it will not do the presets. We are hearing that it does work.Im assuming the people that say it does work, their cars arent equipt with presets on the steering wheel.

If you having problems please let me know the vehicle year and what its not doing.

FYI, we are releasing a new revision, sometime after CES, so i suggest not buying the new SWI-PS till then if you are having problems.The piece will also retain factory bluetooth if equipt.

Mario

Sales/Techinical

Hello mario one of the questions i would have as far as factory bluetooth retention On the 09 GMT900s.How would the new swi PS interface that side And also allow the avic or any other Bluetooth enabled Pioneer to do the controling of bluetooth Phone operations ?Because one of the reasons ide buy or install a avic 700/900 would be the intergrated bluetooth and phone contact ability.

If i were using a non bluetooth HU i can see the benifit of Keeping the factory BT in effect.

Or will there be a way to switch the factory BT off ?

crtlv,

Thanks for the offer of help/fear easing. I will be installing a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT in my OEM nav-equipped 2002 BMW M3 convertible.

The only issues are whether to buy the current version, wait for the new version, or buy the current version now and then buy the new version when it comes out (I have gotten spoiled with my steering wheel controls :D).

I am assuming that the new version will plug into the same wiring harness as the old version. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Paul

sounds as if you may have to custom install the deck into the dash opening but your Sw control will work just fine.You can go to pac's website and see the install instructions.

The old version should be fine i cant see the new version being any help on that car being that its worked just fine in the past and all the new revisions are for the newer canbus equiped vehicles

• 4 months later...

I know I'm kind of resurrecting this from the dead, but I'm hoping that there is something I'm doing wrong (ie. that can be fixed).

I'm programming the PAC SWI-PS in my Diesel Excursion to control my F900BT, and having only limited success.

Following the instructions, everything seems to go well. I've only got 4 buttons on the steering wheel, so I'm skipping a couple of commands on the unit.

Volume Up works great. Volume Down actually mutes the HU (Att). Mute was skipped right after I programmed the Volume Down function. It seems that the PAC unit is remembering the last button pressed, and programming the next function to that key.

Something similar seems to be happening with the other buttons. They pick up the wrong functions.

I also saw where the voltage may be more stable if the PAC is programmed when the car is running. Unfortunately, I seem to get sporadic button presses when the truck is idling. I have no problems getting into programming mode, but the light flashes as if a button is being pressed.

The EPROM version is 1.6.7.