AVIC411.com

???Clickable Big Clock Mod???

I have a request for the good programmers here.

Could you write a script for a clickable big clock mod? The idea is if click on the clock icon in the map screen, a big size clock will show in the middle of the screen. Of course, click again to go back. I think this will make the clock a lot more useful.

I can apply those scripts that you guys wrote but I am just very bad on programming.

Please help. Thank you.

Dude, I am not trying to be rude but you just posted this request on the 22nd and it was only your 3rd post. People on here are usually friendly & happy to help out but don't get irritated when someone does not jump on your request immediately or if they don't do it at all. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we all have lives outside of Avic411 Forums. Be patient and if someone decides they want to help you out or it is something they would like to do for themselves and share it, then great. If not, read up on some of the F Series Hack Forums and educate yourself on it... I have learned a great deal of information just by reading and have started doing some of my own stuff with my unit.

I would also add that just like school, most members here are happy to help others succeed, but don't like doing all of the work.

Read around a bit and you'll find plenty of info on modifying the clock (which you may come to realize fixes the readability issues you're having), then start playing around with some code. If you have problems, post what you have and I'm sure you'll plenty of help to get you through a tricky spot.

The idea is if click on the clock icon in the map screen, a big size clock will show in the middle of the screen. Of course, click again to go back.

If you mean simple digital clock, its may be implemented in 5-10 mins. Even I can add color setting into iGO menu. ;)

But for analog clock I havn't yet any idea how to make it (analog clock is more interested for me).

The idea is if click on the clock icon in the map screen, a big size clock will show in the middle of the screen. Of course, click again to go back.

If you mean simple digital clock, its may be implemented in 5-10 mins. Even I can add color setting into iGO menu. ;)

But for analog clock I havn't yet any idea how to make it (analog clock is more interested for me).

I am only talking about digital clock. Anyway, I am taking some of the people's advices and try to write a script myself. I know it should not be hard. I am using some of Stephanie's tips, and hopefully I could get it work. I will let you guys know.

I am only talking about digital clock. Anyway, I am taking some of the people's advices and try to write a script myself. I know it should not be hard. I am using some of Stephanie's tips, and hopefully I could get it work. I will let you guys know.

For example, you can change scripts by yourself.

navigatemap_800_480 - change action on clock tap:

any ui-file in 800_480\ui folder, for example navigatemap_800_480.ui - add BigClock layer (you need to check X/Y coordinates and font size/color by yourself):

any ui-file in common\ui folder, for example navigatemap.ui - add new state for display BigClock:

I didn't check this code, and may be you need to correct something.

For example, you can change scripts by yourself.

navigatemap_800_480 - change action on clock tap:

any ui-file in 800_480\ui folder, for example navigatemap_800_480.ui - add BigClock layer (you need to check X/Y coordinates and font size/color by yourself):

any ui-file in common\ui folder, for example navigatemap.ui - add new state for display BigClock:

I didn't check this code, and may be you need to correct something.

Thank you, ShineOn. I was going to try the basic "moving in & out" of screen method. But this looks more interesting. I will look into more information on "layer" and "state".

Thanks again.