AVIC411.com

XM November 2008 updated logos here...D/N/F/Z series!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MyFlashDisk/DATA/XM and put the updated folders in there.

Just put the folder in there? No need to delete old data from the XM folder? Oh and BTW, Vandal......a whole case of beers for you!

Yes...do not remove anything from your existing XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS folders as you'll need several of the existing files there. Don't forget to make a backup copy first of those 3 directories in case you need to restore them.

You basically select the 3 folders in the update pack, right-click select copy, and do a paste to the above mentioned directory on the AVIC HD. If you pasted to the correct location Windows will prompt if you want to overwrite to which you'll respond Yes to All.

tested on my D3 this morning and everything works as far as I could tell.

thank you thank you.

I will see if I can find an ftp server for the ISO file.

That's good to hear... so we verified working on the Z3, D3, and F. If it works on the D3 it should most certainly work on the D2. I will ask the moderator to sticky this post.

Great job, thanks. I finally now know why I couldn't add some channels (the station id isn't necessarily the channel #).

BTW, for the "F" series, I've attached a modified version of your IMAGETBL.DAT file that also displays the category logos properly (2 new logos included for "Best of SIRIUS" and "Holiday").

Tom

Thanks, that will help as I just started looking into the categories trying to figure out why the F, Z, and D all have slightly different category sets. The D/N series file has 2 extra categories called "special" and "regional" but Pioneer didn't create an image for them, the F series file had the "lifestyles" category moved.

Another curiousity is the F series category images don't appear to be animated like on the D, N and Z.

BTW, for the "F" series, I've attached a modified version of your IMAGETBL.DAT file that also displays the category logos properly (2 new logos included for "Best of SIRIUS" and "Holiday").

Tom

Sorry for the newb question - does the imagetbl.dat and the cat19.gif and cat21.gif all go in the XMDat folder? I didn't see any other gifs for reference so wanted to confirm.

And THANKS FOR THIS. This is flipping sweet!

Tom

Sorry for the newb question - does the imagetbl.dat and the cat19.gif and cat21.gif all go in the XMDat folder? I didn't see any other gifs for reference so wanted to confirm.

And THANKS FOR THIS. This is flipping sweet!

ImageTbl.Dat resides in the XMDAT folder and category .GIF files reside in the XMCAT folder. I will be incorporating those changes into the next pack and possibly getting images for the categories that don't have one.

The next pack may happen sooner than excepted as XM and Sirius are being hit with a storm of complaints and cancellations related to November 12th programming changes, in particular regarding the changes to stations "X-Country", "The Rhyme", "The System", and "Fred" on the XM side. Rumors are that some Sirius and XM programming changes may be reverted in December.

hey i1m trying to copt the new logos to my 08 disk and its saying asses is denied???

what am i doing wrong?

08 disk? Are you trying to update a Pioneer DVD for the D or N series? DVD's are read-only once burned unless they are re-writable and production pressed DVDs like the Pioneer ones most certainly are not.

You need to burn a new DVD with the updates or if you don't have a dual-layer DVD burner see if you can have someone burn new disks for you. Axxman said he is making ISO image for people who can't or don't know how to re-build the DVD images. You should PM him for details.