AVIC411.com

AVIC-F Hardwire Bypass for Dummies

If you're trying to connect the parking brake wire from the avic, it's not in the factory radio harness.

I only replied to this thread because it seemed to have done a much better job with the pics, the sticky is a half job done. I did not realize its illegal here to reply to old posts.

I perfectly understand what you are trying to say, its just that it makes no sense to me. Metra who makes the GMOS adapter has a cable thats designated to be connected to the Avic parking brake wire (light green). If what you are saying is correct then they are shipping units and instructions that are incorrect and in effect the wire goes no where. Everyone following their directions should be getting an error on their units, is this the case ?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying that unless there's a wire spliced into the parking brake on your H3, then run into the factory harness that the metra kit is connecting to, I don't care what the instructions say, it's incorrectly connected.

Are you starting to grasp this yet, as the cause of the "Incorrectly connected brake wire" error you're having? :roll:

if you said that from the start it would have been clear right away :)

but then how is it that bypassing the system does not generate the error? obviously by doing the bypass you are incorrectly connecting the parking brake cable so what gives? or does grounding it fools the system into thinking its ok ?

if you said that from the start it would have been clear right away :)

but then how is it that bypassing the system does not generate the error? obviously by doing the bypass you are incorrectly connecting the parking brake cable so what gives? or does grounding it fools the system into thinking its ok ?

When doing a hardware bypass, you're grounding the AVIC parking brake lead, which is technically what connecting it correctly does when the parking break is set.

However, you need to move the mute wire from it's stock location in the AV harness as outlined in the guide(s) here in order to actually complete this.

It's ok to connect the relocated mute wire, the AVIC parking brake wire, and the ground wire in the f700 harness together to the factory ground on the car specific harness, most of the time. If it still functions incorrectly and you're SURE the mute wire was relocated properly, you'll have to find an alternate ground.

When doing a hardware bypass, you're grounding the AVIC parking brake lead, which is technically what connecting it correctly does when the parking break is set.

However, you need to move the mute wire from it's stock location in the AV harness as outlined in the guide(s) here in order to actually complete this.

It's ok to connect the relocated mute wire, AVIC parking brake lead, and the ground wire in the f700 harness together to the factory ground on the car specific harness, most of the time. If it still functions incorrectly and you're SURE the mute wire was relocated properly, you'll have to find an alternate ground.

FYP

We have to be careful in the noob threads to not confuse them when they're already "not getting it" because simply horrible things happen when they ground the cars actual parking brake lead..

....just saying...

It's ok to connect the relocated mute wire, AVIC parking brake lead, and the ground wire in the f700 harness together to the factory ground on the car specific harness, most of the time. If it still functions incorrectly and you're SURE the mute wire was relocated properly, you'll have to find an alternate ground.

FYP

We have to be careful in the noob threads to not confuse them when they're already "not getting it" because simply horrible things happen when they ground the cars actual parking brake lead..

....just saying...

fixed my original post. Sorry, reached the end of my chain with this one and wanted to get that post out and be done with it.. :lol:

• 1 year later...