AVIC411.com

AVIC-F Hardwire Bypass for Dummies

Something about wads of electrical tape just makes baby jesus cry

What else are babies good for :lol:

I deffinatly made sure the mute wire was secured, and still no cigar

How did you ground them to the wire? T-Taps? Cutting insulation back and wrapping the 2 wires around the exposed ground? Either your pin is not secured, in the wrong place, or your grounds are not connected good enough. Did you try hitting reset?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....so the F900BT wiring harness has a pink wire that is for the "Car speed input signal"...which if I understand this correctly, that helps the GPS unit track you more accurate right?

My F700BT wiring harness does not have that pink wire...

I plan on upgrading and buying the F900BT this week....

It looks like I will have to use the wiring harness from the F900BT because it has the pink wire correct?

So I can't just use the same wiring harness from the F700BT because of the pink wire?

Does having the pink wire connected make that much of a difference?

Thanks!

Robert

Hmmmm....so the F900BT wiring harness has a pink wire that is for the "Car speed input signal"...which if I understand this correctly, that helps the GPS unit track you more accurate right?

I plan on upgrading and buying the F900BT this week....

It looks like I will have to use the wiring harness from the F900BT because it has the pink wire correct?

So I can't just use the same wiring harness from the F700BT because of the pink wire?

Thanks!

Robert

700 doesn't support VSS input. I have a 700 and the Nav works fine for me.

Thanks!

Robert

The pink wire is simply for when you loose satellite signals. The nav can then estimate your distance traveled by integrating your speed.

An example of why you might care is say you needed to make an exit after leaving a two mile long tunnel. Without the pink wire your nav wouldn't know you traveled two miles, since in a tunnel you can't pick up GPS signals. You exit the tunnel, and before the nav picks up the signal and figures out where you are, you already blew past your exit.

But if you had the pink wire properly connected, the nav would "know" you travelde those two miles in the tunnel.

Aside from this type of situation, the pink wire does nothing for you.

Best,

geosynch

Thanks!

Robert

The pink wire is simply for when you loose satellite signals. The nav can then estimate your distance traveled by integrating your speed.

An example of why you might care is say you needed to make an exit after leaving a two mile long tunnel. Without the pink wire your nav wouldn't know you traveled two miles, since in a tunnel you can't pick up GPS signals. You exit the tunnel, and before the nav picks up the signal and figures out where you are, you already blew past your exit.

But if you had the pink wire properly connected, the nav would "know" you travelde those two miles in the tunnel.

Aside from this type of situation, the pink wire does nothing for you.

Best,

geosynch

I agree with what you typed. BUT...in my car (Lincoln LS), there is no VSS wire, so...I never had the VSS wire hooked up (about two years) with my Avic D3. When going through a couple of tunnels in the Norfolk/Va Beach area, I noticed that the GPS/NAV still tracked the cars forward movement almost dead accurate, and when I came out of the tunnel, the exits were accurately..there.

Go figure.

This is not true. The Lincoln LS does have a VSS wire. It comes from the ABS controller and on gen II it can be found behind the driver's side kick panel. You may have to go to the ABS controller itself for gen I. I forget the wire color off-hand, but I could look it up for you.

I agree with what you typed. BUT...in my car (Lincoln LS), there is no VSS wire, so...I never had the VSS wire hooked up (about two years) with my Avic D3. When going through a couple of tunnels in the Norfolk/Va Beach area, I noticed that the GPS/NAV still tracked the cars forward movement almost dead accurate, and when I came out of the tunnel, the exits were accurately..there.

Go figure.

Some units have a built-in gyroscope/accelerometer (sp?). The D3 probably had one and that would likely explain this phenomenon.

That's funny. I have two Lincoln LSs, a 2004 and a 2006. Both of them have VSS signal wires. Was yours some kind of special factory ordered one that didn't have it. (Yes, that's a joke. I know about the myth that the Lincoln LS doesn't have VSS, but it is not true. People just didn't look hard enough for it, and in the right place. Most look for it from the PCM, but it comes from the ABS module instead. You didn't find your, and you may not believe it has it, but it does!)