AVIC411.com

Remote Start

Hey All,

Yes, I'm taking the car back to the shop that did the install, but so far, in two brief trips, they haven't figured out what's wrong.

I have a Mazda CX-7 with smart-key (keyless), using the Mazda OEM remote start.

Remote start worked fine for a year. Current unknown malfunction only started recently. No other electronic work has been done. Last service was normal oil change. Prior service was replacing all tires.

If I'm sitting in the car with the smart-key, the remote start works. If I'm outside the car the remote start tries to start the car going through 5 cycles of attempts before aborting. It goes through all steps EXCEPT actually starting the car (horn honks, lights flash, hum sound/fuel pump?, click click - no start).

Installer thought the system might have lost programming so we went through the steps to reprogram. Didn't fix.

They check the steering wheel ring. That was fine.

Research myself, I made sure it wasn't in valet mode. It's not.

Anyone have thoughts on things to check? Again, this is OEM Mazda system with DNA card, so there is no key "buried" in the car, nor is there supposed to be.

Any input could be helpful... Thanks!