AVIC411.com

AVIC-N1 with 60MP Upgrade

Guest bigshan1911

Guest bigshan1911
Has anyone learned how to bypass the park brake lockout on an AVIC-N1 when you upgrade with the CNDV-60MP dvd rom? I had it bypassed with the original software but now it won't recognize the park brake wire because it just goes off of my speed.

I reverted back to the original software for now because I have to be able to have video capabilities while driving (my son loves his Elmo). Any suggestions???

Thanks!
dont want to hikack your thread if u dont mind i have a quick question for you, how did u have the unit bypassed originally, also what dvd ver are u using 40 or 50 and what ver sorry im trying to accomplish the bypass and i was told using the 40 1.2 dvds will make it so i can do all that stuff, , but im assuming the lower the number the least updated navi info...if im wonrg please let me know, thanks and sorry for changing the topic but if u could answer me well end it there or if u want shoot me a email,
sknapfel@sprint.blackberry.net
[quote name="bigshan1911"]Has anyone learned how to bypass the park brake lockout on an AVIC-N1 when you upgrade with the CNDV-60MP dvd rom? I had it bypassed with the original software but now it won't recognize the park brake wire because it just goes off of my speed.

I reverted back to the original software for now because I have to be able to have video capabilities while driving (my son loves his Elmo). Any suggestions???

Thanks![/quote]

Are you currently using 40 or 50? My parking brake mod worked with 40, but when I upgraded to 50 it stopped. I'm looking into v.60mp but haven't found anyone that has successfully installed it and have the ability to switch the video lockout on/off. I did hear that it's possible...
Guest bigshan1911
I am currently using the 40 ver 1.2 software with the N1 unit. It's been a while since I hooked it up, but I'm pretty sure I spliced the park brake wire from the unit into a +12V vehicle wire so that it always sees it as in park (I have the schematics and wiring diagrams for my '02 Explorer so it wasn't too difficult).

However, it was explained to me - and it makes sense after seeing it work - that the N1 + 60MP combo can't achieve the lockout yet because the updated software looks for a speed signal, not the park brake signal. So it doesn't matter what you do to that wire in this case. The odd thing is that when I upgraded to the 60MP it kept giving me an error saying my park brake was installed incorrectly ..... but what is "correctly"???

Maybe because the 60MP software is so new the word isn't out on how to pair it with the N1 ..... but hopefully someone will spread their good wisdom my way soon!
[quote name="bigshan1911"]I am currently using the 40 ver 1.2 software with the N1 unit. It's been a while since I hooked it up, but I'm pretty sure I spliced the park brake wire from the unit into a +12V vehicle wire so that it always sees it as in park (I have the schematics and wiring diagrams for my '02 Explorer so it wasn't too difficult).

However, it was explained to me - and it makes sense after seeing it work - that the N1 + 60MP combo can't achieve the lockout yet because the updated software looks for a speed signal, not the park brake signal. So it doesn't matter what you do to that wire in this case. The odd thing is that when I upgraded to the 60MP it kept giving me an error saying my park brake was installed incorrectly ..... but what is "correctly"???

Maybe because the 60MP software is so new the word isn't out on how to pair it with the N1 ..... but hopefully someone will spread their good wisdom my way soon![/quote]

The same thing happens to the unit with the 50mp version also. Unfortunately you can't roll back to 40 either. Some sort of firmware upgrade... :shock:
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="deletedpenguin"]
The same thing happens to the unit with the 50mp version also. Unfortunately you can't roll back to 40 either. Some sort of firmware upgrade... :shock:[/quote]

yes you can, check the other threads on bad dvds ,i posted the procedure
  • 3 weeks later...