AVIC411.com

Want to switch from the Stratus to the SIR-PNR2

I currently have a Pioneer AVIC D3 and I am using the Sirius Stratus unit with it since I already had it when I got my AVIC. I now want to let my AVIC control my Sirius.

Since I already have the antenna and such is there I way I can buy just the tuner box (SIR-PNR2) and use the attachments from my Stratus to plug it in? Reason I'm asking is because most of the used units on Ebay don't include the wires and such.

What options do I have to switch from the external Sirius Stratus to the built in unit easily and cleanly?

Thanks.

about the only thing you can use is the antenna. for the box (sir-pnr2) it would hook up to the avic with the p-bus cable to control it, you would also have a power and ground connection to hook up as well. Not a hard install as long as you have the right pieces, but witht he antenna already in the car the hardest part is already done.

the pbus cable is the cable that hooks up to the deck and the tuner box to be able control from the deck and also gives you the audio. On the back of the deck there is a blue plug different from the rest that you would hook it up to. the siruis tuner box has the same plug, i think it says out to unit or something like that that you hook it to. It is a special cable made for pionner stuff. And yes you do need it to hook up the sirius tuner box to be able to control it through the deck.

Did you read the link to the directed product? The dock in the link is designed to control portables like the stratus and stilleto through headunits when using direct connect adaptors. So you buy the Pioneer adaptor, and you use the portable as the tuner. That way people with portables don't have to pay multiple subscriptions and can still control it from the deck

ok, if you say so. i have tried using several of these for customers. They are junk. you would think with all the crying on this web site some one would have been crying about it already. Thats why i said just fo the stand alone tuner for pioneer. Not to mention its double the price of just a tuner box.