2008 Hyundai Tiburon.

Odd, specs aren't showing an Accessory 2:

Battery RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition 1 RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition 2 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Accessory 1 ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Starter 1 WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Anti-Theft Type UNIVERSAL IMMOBILIZER

Anti-Theft Descript THE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE ECM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER

Key Sense BLUE/ORANGE (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Tachometer WHITE/BLACK (AC) ECM MODULE IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL

PIN #75

Crankshaft Sensor ORANGE (-) AT ECM MODULE IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL

PIN #29

Camshaft Sensor BROWN (-) AT ECM MODULE IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL

PIN #72

Speed Sense BROWN (AC) ECM MODULE IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL

ALSO AT DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR UNDER DRIVER SIDE DASH PIN #6

Parking Lights BLUE/ORANGE (-) IN HARNESS AT VEHICLE PARKING LIGHT SWITCH

Brake Lights WHITE (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

Reverse Lights GRAY (+) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND FUSE PANEL BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE DASH

Horn GREEN/BLACK (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Anti Theft RX BLACK/ORANGE (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Anti Theft TX YELLOW/ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Rear Defrost BLUE/BLACK

MAY ALSO BE BLUE ON MODELS WITH AUTO A/C

Here's what I would do. Get a test light, and find the ignition harness. It will be the one with all the wires tapped into it behind the shield or clamshell. Find a wire in that harness that hasn't been touched. When you probe it, it will turn on, cut power when when you crank, will turn back on after the car is started. If you find a wire that does that, and it hasn't been tapped into, chances are that's your accessory 2 if you have one. Take the wire off the pink wire (ignition 2) and tap it into that acc 2 wire with it and see how the unit reacts. If it doesn't change anything, just undo any changes.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful disconnecting that wire, in some cases one ignition wire runs the fuel pump and the other energizes the coils, and one of them may also be required to operate the fan. Both ignitions may be required still.

My program doesn't have a 2008 Tiburon listed, but for 2007 it doesn't show a 2nd Ignition either.

Very much appreciate the information. However, that all sounds a bit scary to me. I had someone else do the work for me to put this remote starter in. However, they might actually have to do some additional work with it in the future, so if there is something specific I need to have them change, let me know.

What exactly do you think is happening? Is it that the Navi is wired into the brake somehow, instead of being used on a separate wire?

No, the unit is wired fine. That's not a question at all. The possibility I brought up and asked Diesel, is whether the power wires for the remote start were properly wired. What he was saying about the brake is every remote start has an anti-theft feature that gets wired to the brake switch, that way if you start your car, nobody can just hop in while it's running and take off. When you remote start the car, turn the key and press on the brake pedal, you are disengaging the remote start and the car is now running on its own.

Ah yes. I do know about that-- the guy who installed my remote starter went over that with me, and I tested it out. My car shut off when I pressed the brake before putting my key in the ignition.

I also see the parking lights go off when I press the brake after properly inserting my key into the ignition-- showing that the car has switched over to running off the key.

According to blackh, the touchscreen was unresponsive to him before he pressed the brake, but it worked afterwards. When I have noticed the screen not responding, it is after I am already driving(though I didn't attempt to touch it until I was already driving).

See that's what makes this problem so complicated. You, Blackh, and Bitman have reported this problem as far as I know. BlackH gets control after pressing the break, Bitman gets control 6 out of 10 times, and you never do. It's so inconsistent.

No, sorry if I misled you. It's only happened to me a few times-- not always. I would agree with the 6 out of 10 times. It hasn't happened to me in a few days as of this moment.

toyota rav4 5drs 2001

WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION

Battery WHITE (+) IGNITION HARNESS

Ignition 1 BLACK/YELLOW (+) IGNITION HARNESS

Ignition 2 BLACK (+) IGNITION HARNESS

Accessory 1 BLUE/RED (+) IGNITION HARNESS

Starter 1 RED (+) IGNITION HARNESS

Anti-Theft Type RF ACTIVATED SYS.

Anti-Theft Descript TRANSPONDER

Tachometer RED (AC) AT COIL

Speed Sense VIOLET/WHITE (AC) FRONT OF CENTER CONSOLE

Parking Lights GREEN (+) AT FUSEBOX

Brake Lights GREEN/WHITE (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

Reverse Lights RED/BLACK (+) DRIVERS KICK PANEL

Horn GREEN/RED (-) IGNITION HARNESS

Hmm, you don't have an accessory 2 either.

Howbout this. Try not using the remote start for a few days, see how the unit works. If it works perfectly, I'm completely 100% stumped. The autostart, may somehow be interfering with the systems performance, but I honestly cannot see how. If it still performs the same, I'd have to say it's a defective unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have a remote starter, but I am having the same kind of touchscreen problems. I have narrowed the cause down to the volume control on my unit. Every time I move the volume up/down doesnt matter, I lose control of the touchscreen.

The only way to get it back is to press the map or menu key then it works again, until I move the volume of course.

Does this sound similar to your problems?

I never had the problem before doing some mods (probably a coincidence) but I have a PAC audio module connected and my last test is to disconnect it; I have been working with Pioneer and if that doesnt work they will deem it defective and have told me to send it in. You may want to call them and start a case to document everything you are doing to solve it. I have heard some horror stories about Pioneer not accepting some units.

I havent gotten around to disconnecting the PAC because at the moment I am sick of taking my dash apart for this thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

To WeApOn

I have a remote start and F90BT with hard wire bypass. Everything works just fine. Try this turn key on to start but do not start your car and see if it boots up properly. Now you will see if your problem is a loss of power while your systems boots up. If your problem is still there,then It's not the the remote start. You may need to try this a few times to see if the touch screen freezes. Some starter systems will take all the power from the battery to start your car and when you let the key go back to on or run it sends power back to the Avic. It's like turning on your headlights and then start your car the headlights dim or turn off when the starter is working. P.S it takes 45-90 seconds for full boot up so wait before you start pushing the screen. It's Win CE it's slow. The 3.0 firmware is faster and has a better touch responce. Is your system bypassed ? :? Take care Jeff R

post-37027-1287276042665_thumb.jpg

post-37027-12872760433389_thumb.jpg