AVIC411.com

Verizon Storm and F90BT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Storm guys. I have a storm too but have not paired it to my F900 yet.

I have 2 questions about using the storm with our headunits. 1 Has anyone tried using it as a external hard drive? The storm has a mass storage support option that allows it to be used as an external HD from the micro sd and also its internal gig.

Ill try this this weekend and report back.

Also, does the Ft900 support bluetooth stereo? I would be pretty cool to play mp3s from my storm through my ft900 over bluetooth.

Storm dudes...

How is texting? Can you type fast after you get the hang of the click screen interface? It is a sexy phone but I don't want it if my WPM gets cut in half..

A merged to my Storm from a Treo 700P with a full keyboard and i must admit that it took a little time to get used to the touchscreen keyboard. I am getting better and better with it. Ive had the storm for about 2 weeks now. I like it and will no be returning it. It definately has some bugs and will hang here and there but i am sure RIM will just make it better and better as time goes on.

BTW storm guys, i enabled mass storage mode and hooked it up to my Ft900 and it reads it as a hard drive AND charges it. Bonus!

• 2 months later...

This thread's been dead for a while... but it was the only search result for "storm contacts f90bt"

I can't get my contacts to transfer from my Storm to my f90bt. I have the phone paired... but when I initiate the transfer on my phone, it says that it completes, but my f90 just sits there with a "processing" (or something) message box with a CANCEL button... I've let it sit there for several minutes, and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Can someone tell me the EXACT procedure they follow to transfer the contacts?

Thanks!

I am running .113 too. And thank god. I have been repeatedly dissapointed with this phone since I got it. I think it pretty sad that it has taken 4 months to get to .113 its finally relatively useful. It still needs to be faster IMHO as well as the color depth improved. In december i think I was running .90 and my contacts would sync with myF90T but I havent tried it in awhile. Ill let you know when I try it with .113.

I have .109 on my storm and had some issues even getting the VR window to come up.

I tried at first, to do the update using a 512mb SD card, only to get an error 'full' message. I then put all the files from 512mb to a 8gb and got it to do the update okay but now when I push in the knob or up on it (whatever the VR is ) I never actually see the VR window. I can dial from the contacts list with my storm and it works (although the wife said that it echos really badly (I later changed the echo option on the blackberry to "ON" instead of "AUTO". My question is the VR menu is working for everyone right? I will probably get a copy of the 2.0 files and reload it from scratch and try again before I make any other comments about it working. My car is down until I get my turbo back from precision so I haven't actually had it out of the garage and down the street. Any feedback is great though!