AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I felt hesitant to go with 3.0 was that I would lose Maverickster's mods I've had on my unit since the 2.0 upgrade. My SD cards from Pioneer came in yesterday and I installed them update last night. What a difference. Such as degrade in aesthetics without Maverickster. As I re-read this thread to the end I found that Ulmer had rewritten the mods for 3.0. I copied the files to an sd card and went back to my truck. I only changed the 3.0 data.zip for the mod available from ulmer on page 28 and, voila! I have my mods back. I restarted the unit a couple of times, the first time after installing the modified data.zip it went through the restart process, then booted with the radio off. I turned the radio on and restarted, worked perfectly. Restarted a couple more times to make sure and it looks like everything is working just great.

I really like my F700BT, the 3.0 upgrade made it more responsive, although I think the maps are a bit poorer. But with Maverickster's mods, thanks to ulmer, the unit is top shelf. Thank you Maverickster for the original mods, and thank you ulmer for the rework to make it functional on official Pioneer 3.0 upgrade.

I've been using GTIMatt's mods, but the 3.02 update wiped them out. I tried the ulmer's port of Mavericster's mod and I like it. It's pretty close to GTIMatt's. Some of it's better, but I did like some of GTIMatt's better (notably the linear compass). The speed limit display on this one is pretty cool (I love how it can show how fast you're going right next to the speed limit). The home button no longer goes home, but instead goes to address entry. 8.3 has two displays in the lower left for distance and time, but Maverickster's has three (only the top two are changeable- the third is speed). Anyway, it's much improved over the default 8.3 screen.

I REALLY wish that Pioneer offered more flexibility and customization in the displays.

Tim

"(I love how it can show how fast you're going right next to the speed limit"

How? I can not get the speed limit to display.

speed limit will only display if the maps you are using has the speed limit info in it for whatever road you are on, the speed limit on mine only shows up of some roads, (like mian roads and highways) but alot of roads dont have the info in the file for them.

• 1 month later...