AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

Sure. I'll try to do it this evening when I get home. As for visuals, although fuzzy, pictures of the setup and each hack are in the first post.

--Mav

Oh, I am speaking of the bmps in the DATA.zip file. It helps me to find a file name in the ui file and compare it with what image I find in the DATA.zip.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been messing with this and can't get seem to get it right...

i have a couple of criteria i'm trying to meet.

1. to not cover up/overlap iPod album cover art on the bottom of the x=720 axis

2. regular sized clock

3. replace GPS sat with Voice Mute Mod

; *** Voice guidance mute mod by Gert-Jan ***

; *** End Voice guidance mute mod ***

any help would be greatly appreciated

i've been messing with this and can't get seem to get it right...

i have a couple of criteria i'm trying to meet.

1. to not cover up/overlap iPod album cover art on the bottom of the x=720 axis

2. regular sized clock

3. replace GPS sat with Voice Mute Mod

any help would be greatly appreciated

HA! Boy are you in the wrong thread! I don't have an iPod hooked up, so my mods don't account for criteria 1; one of the features I DID incorporate was a bigger clock, so there goes criteria 2; and I don't have the voice-mute button in my hack, so there goes criteria 3.

Having said that, I'll try to help. As I understand it, you want the following to appear in the 720 column (from top to bottom) while leaving room for the iPod album cover at the bottom:

Clock

Compass

Navigation Mute

Map Confirmation (nothing you can really do with this one)

2D/3D Button

Green/Red (POI Search/Cancel Route)

iPod album cover art

Although I don't have an iPod, I know from seeing units with the Cover Art up that this is going to be next to impossible. That is, you probably won't be able to squish the buttons close enough together to leave enough room for all of them and the cover art. This is due in large part to the fact that so far as I know the Map Confirmation button is unmovable, so you only have the 2 buttons below it to "play with" to make more space. If someone comes up with a way to move the Map Confirmation button (http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19886), the analysis may change, but until that time, your options are somewhat limited.

Here are 2 proposed solutions.

1. Remove the Clock and move the street number toggle to a hidden button below the current location arrow (which is how Keeper has his originally set up). Then using the space freed by the removal of the Clock, set the buttons up in the following order:

Compass

Navigation Mute

2D/3D Button

iPod album cover art

2. Keep the Clock, but move the Compass (or something else) over to the left side (just above the altimeter when no route is active and just above the route info box when a route is active). Then using the space freed by the relocation of the Compass, set the buttons up in the following order:

Clock

Navigation Mute

2D/3D Button

iPod album cover art

Let me know which you want to try (or if you have your own proposed solution), and I'll work through the code with you.

Do all the button press mods require that the unit first be bypassed (either hardware or parking break ground)?

Good question. Since my unit has the hardware bypass applied, I don't know how they play if there is no bypass. I'd suspect that AT LEAST for the green button (which brings you immediately to the keyboard for entering a POI around your current GPS location), you'd have to play with "USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE" value (i.e. change it to "0", "1", or remove it); and even then, it might not work without the bypass.

i've decided to go with moving the voice nav mute to the left of the clock..

but i'm running into a problem.. the 2d and map confim buttons overlap...

; GPS Status

;Clock

;Compass

;	

;Battery

;Map Confirmation Screen Button

;2D-3D Button

;Red-Green Button

; the STOPFLYOVER command also stops other kinds of simulations (i.e. saved track replay)

i bet if i swap the 2d/3d and the map confim it should be just fine right?

i've decided to go with moving the voice nav mute to the left of the clock..

but i'm running into a problem.. the 2d and map confim buttons overlap...

; GPS Status

;Clock

;Compass

;	

;Battery

;Map Confirmation Screen Button

;2D-3D Button

;Red-Green Button

; the STOPFLYOVER command also stops other kinds of simulations (i.e. saved track replay)

i bet if i swap the 2d/3d and the map confim it should be just fine right?

Yeah. As noted, you can't move the map confirmation screen button in the conventional just-change-the-y-axis manner. So, unless you can figure out how to move it (and if you do, please post the solution here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19886), it will always be pinned to y=210 no matter what you do, so for sanity's sake, you might as well just leave it at 210. So, your only choice is to move the 2D/3D button.

--Mav

Installed it and looks great! Only things I would like to change would be to a Linear Compass and maybe have the altitude displayed some where when in route mode.

Indeed an awesome mod! Thanks for the hard work doing it!!

Thanks. No problem. I actually prefer the dial compass, so I'm keeping it that way, but if you look through this thread and/or the last couple of pages of Keeper's thread, you'll find where I posted some code that *should* give the Linear Compass the same functionality that the dial compass has in my setup. As for the altitude, same sort of thing. I only really have it there because I though current speed looked a little odd all by itself; I'm not really that interested in it, so I don't want to add it to what displays when a route is selected. You, of course, should set yours up however you want; read through some of the code and you'll be able to figure out what does what; and then you can REALLY start customizing it to your needs!

Good luck man!

--Mav

Yeah. As noted, you can't move the map confirmation screen button in the conventional just-change-the-y-axis manner. So, unless you can figure out how to move it (and if you do, please post the solution here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19886), it will always be pinned to y=210 no matter what you do, so for sanity's sake, you might as well just leave it at 210. So, your only choice is to move the 2D/3D button.

Check the thread :)

Check the thread :)

Dammit Boris...that opens up a whole world of possibilities...crap...just when I thought I was almost finished!

--Mav

P.S. In other words, THANKS!!!!!