AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

First post, data.zip, and code listed on first page have been upated to reflect the addition of the speed limit function to the lower left corner when no route is active, the addition of the nav mute button, and the reworking and relocation of the gps satellite info from a full-sized button to a much smaller and less-intrusive clickable icon.

--Mav

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit Boris...that opens up a whole world of possibilities...crap...just when I thought I was almost finished!

--Mav

P.S. In other words, THANKS!!!!!

You're welcome.

Generally, before you start making any significant changes to any named element of the skin (anything named XXX probably isn't all that important) it is a good idea to search through code files to see if it is used anywhere else...

i've been messing with this and can't get seem to get it right...

i have a couple of criteria i'm trying to meet.

1. to not cover up/overlap iPod album cover art on the bottom of the x=720 axis

2. regular sized clock

3. replace GPS sat with Voice Mute Mod

; *** Voice guidance mute mod by Gert-Jan ***

; *** End Voice guidance mute mod ***

any help would be greatly appreciated

Peter, note that I've modified the zip file pretty dramatically in a manner that should better accomodate iPod coverart.

Thanks, but the newest download doesn't seem to be working on my f700bt.

I haven't had time yet to take a look and see what could be causing it to hang (Please wait...then reboots)

Checksum of downloaded file:

$ md5sum DATA.ZIP
716cd85be9719cf20983f2eca4c534e3  DATA.ZIP

2. regular sized clock

Peter, note that I've modified the zip file pretty dramatically in a manner that should better accomodate iPod coverart.

thanks a lot... i'll try this out quick.. before my car get cold..just got home.. heh

***EDIT***

ipod cover art covers the entire POI/Cancel route button =)

i'm going to just move the voice mute to where the GPS signal is .. and move the POI to where the nav mute was....

question is how does the X/Y relate to the actual image. is it the placement of the upper left corner? or bottom left corner?

also, the icons included have this black border to it .. think we can eliminate the black border to better match the other icons? i'll prob fire up photoshop after i'm done eating..

will this work with an f700bt? or is it f900 only? Can the data files be loaded back and forth? The firmware update files are the same, so I would think so. Could ya let me know before I go screwing up my f700. :D

the first data file worked perfectly with my 700BT. I haven't tried the latest one...

2. regular sized clock

thanks a lot... i'll try this out quick.. before my car get cold..just got home.. heh

***EDIT***

ipod cover art covers the entire POI/Cancel route button =)

i'm going to just move the voice mute to where the GPS signal is .. and move the POI to where the nav mute was....

question is how does the X/Y relate to the actual image. is it the placement of the upper left corner? or bottom left corner?

also, the icons included have this black border to it .. think we can eliminate the black border to better match the other icons? i'll prob fire up photoshop after i'm done eating..

X is distance from the left side of the screen. Y is distance from the top.

Hey, first I want to thank Mav for the help getting my GPS button to work (thanks for the sprites man, that solved the problem).

Now I have a question to anyone that can answer me:

I am using linear compass with this code:

;compass

Can I put the detour function on this?

Thanks guys and gals!

Curious timing. I just answered that for another guy in Keeper's thread. I haven't tried it, but this should work:

;compass 

As I told the other guy, this might be overkill (i.e. you might just need to add the alternative sprite to the first one), but this should do it from a belts and suspenders perspective.

I'm trying to do the linear compass. Where do I input this code?

thanks