AVIC411.com

Sirius Interface is Horrible!! Any hacks to improve it?

I just bought a used AVIC-D2. The guy I bought it from used XM and it looked nice. Becasue I am already neck deep in Sirius, I went that way , expecting everything would look and function simliar to what I saw...it does not....not even close.

I did a search for Sirius interface but did not find a fix, so I'm guessing the answer is going to be no, but I can always hope!

BTW, I'd even change Sirius modules for the AVIC-D2 if I have to...but I don't see that I have much of a choice, or do I?

THanks.

If it helps, I bought the SiriusConnectâ„¢ Pioneer Package

from Crutchfield: FROM CRUTCHFIELD "This package includes everything needed to receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio through your compatible Pioneer receiver. The SC-C1 universal SIRIUS tuner connects to your Pioneer receiver through the included CD-SB10 adapter. You'll see channel, song, and artist information on your stereo's display, and you can even save your favorite SIRIUS channels as presets. The adapter works with newer Pioneer stereos equipped with a CD changer connection, and includes a pass-through connection for connecting another piece of Pioneer gear to your system. "

Seen HERE: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-S4H4ZZGdHIT/p_700SIRPION/SiriusConnect-Pioneer-Package.html

It says it should display all of my information - but it doesn't. The presets don't even read what station they are, just "Preset 1", "Preset 2", etc...[/url]

You have to use the "Display" button to toggle through display information. You get one field at a time. D3 doesn't support a "beautiful" interface for Sirius like XM.

...And the D3 is a HUGE improvement over what the D1/D2 did for Sirius!

Mine is the D2...so I'm the one missing that huge improvement!

You have to use the "Display" button to toggle through display information. You get one field at a time. D3 doesn't support a "beautiful" interface for Sirius like XM.

...And the D3 is a HUGE improvement over what the D1/D2 did for Sirius!

Mine is the D2...so I'm the one missing that huge improvement!

Oops, I must have ignored that point! Sorry...

Go into Function --> Option 2 (If I recall correctly) to toggle display options. It's pathetic, I know.

Yeah... I had the D1. That interface was horrible!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This really blows for all the same reasons stated above..... If I had know how crappy it is I would have bought a Kenwood.

I just saw a kenwood and it blows the Pioneer away I definitly recommend the Kenwood indash nag over the Pioneer AVIC-F for any thinking of an indash nav unit.

cafagna Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:45 pm Post subject: SEARCH

This was discussed a long time ago. No hacks. Pioneer owns the XM unit... Sirius owns the Sirius unit... so Pioneer could not do too much without rights and access.

cafagna can you post a link to this discussion....................It sounds like the XM interface is better than the Sirius interface.

Thanks

The previous disucssion was::

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11238&highlight=sirius

They really did not put too much time or attention into either interface as both lack a lot of functionality on a rather expensive head unit. I am a little disappointed, but not enough to move to the F-series which seems to be more disappointing with the features as well.

When all is said and done, it all works and is nice, but we always want more.

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This really blows for all the same reasons stated above..... If I had know how crappy it is I would have bought a Kenwood.

I just saw a kenwood and it blows the Pioneer away I definitly recommend the Kenwood indash nag over the Pioneer AVIC-F for any thinking of an indash nav unit.

I'm thinking about going with the new Kenwood. Parrott bluetooth, Garmin nav and newer model have MSN. What's not to love?