AVIC411.com

04 Silverado install with pics

I was soo excited earlier i posted this in the wrong forum and i made the pictures so big you couldnt see them. Ill do better this time i hope

I have everything done now including the vss, the reverse, and the illumination wires. Some of these were very hard for me to find so i hope this helps someone else out a little.
i kinda forgot to take before pics but we all know what the stock chevy stereo looks like anyway.

on with the pics.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="bigRazor"]Yeah saw that but also read that some of our trucks had the VSS wire in the OEM radio harness. Was wondering if you were able to use that. I'll do a little more research on this one.[/quote]

If you have vss behind the radio then you can use that. If your stock radio has/had speed controlled volume then there will be a vss wire in the radio harness.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"] [quote name="bigRazor"]Yeah saw that but also read that some of our trucks had the VSS wire in the OEM radio harness. Was wondering if you were able to use that. I'll do a little more research on this one.[/quote]

If you have vss behind the radio then you can use that. If your stock radio has/had speed controlled volume then there will be a vss wire in the radio harness.[/quote]

lol see i didnt even know that. i could have done that... but then i did my pretty quick so maybe that was common knowledge then, thats my story and im sticking to it. :)
[quote name="tillithz"]darn, good job, side note: wow so much rust for an 04? there was a segment on the local news how rust being present even on a new vehicle is "normal" .... but I just say wow.[/quote]

It took me a minute to realize what rust you were talking about. Yeah those undash braces aren't coated at all. I've worked on 06's with less than 100 miles on the clock and those parts were already corroded.
  • 4 years later...

i had a double without the nav feature but had the back up cam. the reverse wire on my 04 is light green/white stripe everything ive been able to find says thats the color of the vss wire…they cant possibly be the same wire right? i would love some feedback but please break it down as best u very specific directions would be greatly appreciated

I have a 2005 Z71 Suburban with a Z1 installed.

I noticed your picture with the GPS mounted all the way forward in the dash. Have you had a problem with getting it to work? I tried a few spots in the area where you mounted yours and no matter what I did it wouldn't work. I drove around with the HU out and I was moving the receiver all over the inside of the car and it would not acquire a satellite. The minute I put the receiver out the sunroof it worked. I had to punch a hole through the firewall and route it up the driver side door to the roof.