AVIC411.com

Jetta 2009 Center Console Removal

I ran the wires in my 09 Jetta down the side. I'd remove the trip in the doors and run back that way. If you go through the center console you will have exposed wires between the console and the back seat.

Its a lot easier if you have some panel tools. I used a set I got on amazon for $15. It can be done without as well. The panels are tight but they aren't too bad to open. Have you already taken the dash apart?

If not I can try to dig up the instructions again.

Yes; I took it all apart. Put in an AVICF90BT (loving it); Ipod; SAT Tuner (sirius). Getting ready to run wires for BT mic, AMP, also a SAT cable extension (so I can use factory shark fin) and backup cam.

I was thinking about going under the carpet to get to the console. That may be easier for me to get the USB connection and/or Ipod connection to the original location.

Hey thanks for the help!

Cool. I have my sat radio module in the trunk wher ethe sirius module was so it can use the antenna connection. Backup camera I ran down the side.

My ipod is currently running under the side of the console and comes out next to the pass seat so I can use it for my iPhone.

If you end up running yours into the console I'd love to hear about it or see a pic. I may end up doing that at some point.

I just finished putting the whole car back together as I installed the amp and ran all those wires yesterday.

the cabel for my xm module was much longer than that. I have installed 5 of these so far in our cars and a few friends and they have all come with the longer cable.

I just ran it right to the back.

Maybe the Sirius tuner comes with a shorter ipbus cable.