AVIC411.com

Avic N2 60MT update disables XM Browse and Favs

I noticed that on my D2 about a month ago too so it doesn't have anything to do with your software upgrade. The stock list still works so it has nothing to do with the data cable either. Not sure what is going on because I have two friends where they're greyed out and one where it still works. Odd

[quote name="dkardell"]Anyone else with an Avic N2 that applied the 60MT update. For some reason now the BROWSE/FAVORITES are always grayed out. I have NOT applied any sodering.

Anyone else notice this?[/quote]
I own an actual N3, and my Browse/Favorite buttons became grayed out about a month ago too, without me doing any mods to my unit. My Pioneer Inno walkman doesnt display sports scores anymore either. Something is wrong on XM's end. Its ok with me though, I already know the Mets are gonna take it all this year :) No need to look at the scores.
  • 1 month later...
:( Same here , No Browse!! Sucks too cause I always used it.. Just stopped, no upgrades or nothin... Called Pioneer.."NOT US".. called XM, "everythings good here"... I tell ya, XM is startin to suck.. Can't even understand the operators anymore... They losin NASAR and I bought into them for 4 years!!! What else they gonna lose???!!!
  • 2 months later...
I have been told that they stopped the sports , at least when Baseball isn't happening, as it is the schedules and scores, etc of NFL, NBA, NHL , etc and that was upsetting alot of XM customers who were being reminded of all the wonderful sports they are not getting on their XM service.

This kind of makes sense , as early in the day, I would see the upcoming schedule and make a mental note that so and so game was going to be on, and then would make a note of it from my XM screen and then tune into the game on that 'other' sat service LOL ...

Okay, here is go again, but , you know what , that service is clearly represented to be a major XM benefit that they simply decided to bag it becuase of the fact people were getting reminded of all the sports that don't live on "XM, except baseball.

This is the theory anyway. But I know from having emailed STATS.com that XM doesn't offer the service at least at the moment.

However, that being said, all the stock quotes do seem to work, and how long before that goes away should the XM stock tank and they don't want people to see that either LOL ???

Let's see if it comes back during MLB season again!
  • 2 weeks later...